You are here
Opera and lyrical music
Shop — Sheet Music Plus
Results for Sandor Veress Veress (not all results may be relevant):
- Piano Sonata 1929
- String Quartet no. 1 1931
- String Quartet no. 2 1936/37
- Violin Concerto 1939
- Transsylvanian Dances 1943
- Threons (in memoriam B. Bártok) 1945
- Hommage to Paul Klee (2 pianos, str. orch.)1951
- Concerto f. piano, strings and percussion, 1952
- Sonata per orchestra 1952/53
- Piano Trio 1963
- Musica concertante f. 12 strings 1965/66
- Clarinet Concerto 1981/82
- Tromboniade f. 2 tromp. and orch. 1991
- Many piano works, vocal works and chamber music
In 1949 Veress emigrates to the West. From 1950 he teaches composition and theory at the Bern Conservatory.
From 1965–1972 he holds guest professorsships in the US (Baltimore) and Australia.
From 1968–1977 Sándor Veress is appointed professor of ethnomusicology and 20th century music at Bern University (Switzerland).
Veress died in Bern, Switzerland, on March 4, 1992.