You are here
Sheet music for Setrak Setrakian
Setrak Setrakian, composer & pianist, former director of Ganatchian Music College/Beirut, professor of piano, harmony and composition.
Lebanese international composer and pianist Setrak Setrakian’s CDs are at
Setrak Setrakian is an artist of incredible sensibility. He haves a great background as composer from were it comes his great creativity and understanding of the form and drama of each musical line. As a player he fulfills his necessity of immediate and direct communication, being perfectly passionate but always in a profound equilibrium. The maturity of this artist is remarkable, and a serious reflection is taken from each one of his performances. In the present recordings Mr. Setrakian present us some of the most famous of Beethovens Sonatas, which are a paramount of the piano repertory and technique. Also are works of great expressive writing, which a composer and pianist as Mr. Setrakian is can develop in real moments of pure drama. The other Cd includes landmarks of the Romantic period being most of them also works of a high technical demand. Here Mr. Setrakian show us his usual poetic touch along with his impressive piano technique. Interesting is the arrangement of Katchaturian Sabre dance by the performer.
Miguel Almaguer - Pianist and Composer. Mexico
TheLebanon.com Online Magazine says
Under his talent, music is mastered, contempled and pushed to it extreme limit to bring back like from beneath the white keys...
- 1950-1960 I have studied piano, solfege, theory and harmony with Prof. Ernest Chouha in "Ernest Chouha" Music College in Aleppo.
- 1961-1962 I have studied piano, harmony with Prof. T. Succar, Mrs. Turkiyeh and Prof. Michel Tcheskinov in the National Conservatoire of Lebanon.
- 1962-1964 I have studied in the National Conservatoire of Damascus harmony and composition with Prof. Sergey Schydril.
- 1964-1965 I have studied piano and composition with Prof. Gunther Kohl in Jerusalem.
- 1966-1970 In Aleppo and Damascus I have given lessons of piano and harmony.
- 1971-1972 I have been invited to "Komitas" Conservatoire of Yerevan to specialize with the following professors:
- 1) Etvart Mirzoyan Composition
- 2) Etvart Baghdasarian Harmony
- 3) Krikor Hakhinian Polyphony
- 4) Kevork Armenian Orchestration
- 5) Elenora Atamian Piano
- 6) Aved Derderian Opera Composition
- 1974-1978 I was professor of piano in College Mont la Salle, Ain Saadeh Beirut.
- 1978-1980 I was professor of piano in College des Apotre, Jounieh Beirut.
- 1980-1985 Professor of piano in Beirut. (personal lessons)
- 1985-1988 Professor of piano and music in the Armenian Theological Seminary of the Catholicosate of Cilicia Beirut.
- 1986-1987 Professor of piano and harmony in P. Ganatchian Music College, Beirut.
- 1987 -1999 Director and Professor of piano, harmony, composition, and music analysing, in P. Ganatchian Music College, Beirut.
N.B. In 1994 I have been awarded by the Catholicosate KAREKINE II, the medal of honor St. "MESROB MACHDOTZ".
I have around 400 music compositions.