You are here
Warning: images may be copyrighted. If no copyright is shown, see their site of origin for details, or contact me.
Sheet music for Edward Gold
Piano — Book with CD — Classical
Ballet Gold (CD Edition). Composed by Various Artists. Essential Collection: Gold. Classical. Book with CD. Composed 2013. 96 pages. Chester Music #MUSCH79794. Published by Chester Music (HL.14042427).
Piano — Book Only — Pop & Rock
The Gold Series. Composed by Various Artists. Essential Collection: Gold. Pop & Rock. Book Only. 96 pages. Wise Publications #MUSAM976316. Published by Wise Publications (HL.14006972).
Piano — Book with CD —
Brahms Gold (CD Edition). Composed by Johannes Brahms (1833-1897). Essential Collection: Gold. Book with CD. Composed 2013. 96 pages. Chester Music #MUSCH80201. Published by Chester Music (BT.MUSCH80201).
Piano — Book with CD — Classical
Haydn Gold (CD Edition). Composed by Franz Joseph Haydn (1732-1809). Essential Collection: Gold. Classical. Book with CD. Composed 2013. 96 pages. Chester Music #MUSCH79838. Published by Chester Music (BT.MUSCH79838).
Piano — Softcover — Classical
The Gold Series. Composed by Edward Elgar (1857-1934). Music Sales America. Classical. Softcover. 96 pages. Chester Music #CH71709. Published by Chester Music (HL.14012885).
Piano — Book with CD —
Composed by Edward Elgar (1857-1934). Easy Piano Collection: Gold. Book with CD. Composed 2013. 96 pages. Chester Music #MUSCH78727. Published by Chester Music (BT.MUSCH78727).
Piano — Book with 2CD —
Composed by Edward Elgar (1857-1934). Essential Collection: Gold. Book with 2CD. Chester Music #MUSCH79827. Published by Chester Music (BT.MUSCH79827).
Piano, Demonstration CD — Softcover Book and CD —
Composed by Edward Elgar (1857-1934). Easy Piano, Piano & Keyboard, Repertoire, Collections. The Easy Piano Collection. The Easy Piano Collection - Elgar Gold. Softcover Book and CD. 96 pages. Chester Music #CH78727. Published by Chester Music (HU.CH78727).
Piano, Performance CD — Softcover Book and CD —
Composed by Edward Elgar (1857-1934). Piano & Keyboard, Repertoire, Collections. The Essential Collection. The Essential Collection - Elgar Gold. Softcover Book and CD. Chester Music #CH79827. Published by Chester Music (HU.CH79827).
Concert Band — Score,Set of Parts — 21st Century,20th Century,Contemporary Classical
Composed by Edward A Ganio, Edward A Ganio, and Edward A Ganio. 21st Century, 20th Century, Contemporary Classical. Score, Set of Parts. 120 pages. Published by Edward A Ganio (S0.202533).
- Piano Variations (1959)
- Schratlieder (to Poems of Reinhard Paul Becker) (1986) for bass-baritone and piano
- Sonatina for Flute and Piano (around 1985)
- Carillon for choir, tuned percussion and strings (around 1996).
- Two works for unaccompanied chorus: "Crossing the Bar" to the poem by Tennyson, "Dover Beach" by Arnold (around 1996)
- 5 Memorials for various ensembles (1996-7) — Memorial 3 is playable by string ensemble or string quartet. includes Memorial 5 9/11/01 for Orchestra (2002)
- Suite a la Mode for piano 4 hands (1998): Picture of Dorian Gray, Lydia Waltz, The Locrian Ness Monster and Frigian Desserts
- Wind Quartet (1998-2004); 1. Andante Pastorale 2. Scherzo 3. Variations
- The Phantom Trumpet (electronic-2004)
- Symphonies on Ancient Tunes: 1. Variations on l’Homme Armé; 2. Fantasia on the Willow Song; 3. Scherzo on Westron Wynde
- Second version of Picture of Dorian Gray for piano, 4 hands
- Central Park Suite for orchestra: 1. The Lake 2005. 2. The Obelisk (Cleopatra’s Needle) 2005-06. 3. The Ramble 2005-6. 4. Angel of the Waters (Bethesda Fountain) 2007
- Contributions to yearly Delian Suite: 2005: The Lake in Central Park (original 1 minute piano piece later expanded as #1 from Central Park Suite.)
- 2006: Glee: The Ghosts for three part vocal ensemble based on a poem of T.L. Peacock
- 2007: "Rêverie" for flute and guitar and "To Life" for three part vocal ensemble on a poem of Thomas Hardy.
Statement by the composer:
As a student at Yale I wrote in the atonal and 12-tone idioms, Later I often mixed atonal and tonal styles; seriously as in Memorial 3 and, satirically, in "Schratkonzert" from the Schratlieder and in No. 5 of the Variations for Wind Quartet, to take two examples. In general, my style has become more tonal since my earlier days.
Because of my association with Mason Martens (Memorial 3 is in his memory.), an editor and church musician, I developed a "church" style influenced by French music: Fauré and Poulenc in particular. Carillon is in this style, though written a long time after this period.
Edward Gold was born in Brooklyn, NY. He has a B.A. degree in music from New York City College and a Master of Music from Yale University. Among his piano teachers were Elise Braun-Barnett at the Henry Street Settlement Music School, ElIsworth Grumman at Yale and Nadia Reisenberg at the Mannes College of Music. His composition studies at Yale were with Mel Powell and H. Leroy Baumgartner.
In 1963 he played a piano recital tour of Mexico under the U.S. Information Service and in 1994, played a recital of music by Louis Moreau Gottschalk on the Queen Elizabeth 2.
Among Mr. Gold’s recordings for Musical Heritage Society are "Gottschalk Piano Music" released in 1973 (MHS 1629), piano music of J.L. Dussek (1974- MHS1966), "Romantic Cello Encores" with Albert Catell (1971- MHS 1219) and "Music by Israeli Composers (1973- MHS 1653/1654) with various artists and to which he also contributed an arrangement of the song "Y’rushalayim".
In recent years, Mr. Gold has composed entirely on the computer and has sequenced his own music as well as the music of others, including Elgar, Schumann, Liszt, and Brahms. These are on file at Classical Archives,