Vous êtes ici
|Ronald • (Ron)||Hannah|
Warning: images may be copyrighted. If no copyright is shown, see their site of origin for details, or contact me.
Liste des compositions
Musique de chambre
Sheet music for Ron Hannah
Harp or Harps — Score Only —
N. 2: Et Ron Ron Ron, Petit Patapon. Composed by Marcel Grandjany (1891-1975). Editions Durand. Score Only. Composed 2001. 4 pages. Editions Durand #DF8926. Published by Editions Durand (HL.50561069).
Violin,Viola,Cello,String Quartet — Individual Part,Score,Set of Parts — Contemporary Classical
Composed by Hannah K Watson. Arranged by Hannah K Watson. Contemporary Classical. Individual Part, Score, Set of Parts. 59 pages. Published by Hannah K Watson (S0.568815).
Piano Solo — Score — Impressionistic,New Age
Composed by Betsy Hannah. Impressionistic, New Age. Score. 5 pages. Published by Betsy Hannah (S0.693951).
Orchestral Cassette — Accompaniment Orchestral Cassette —
Composed by Ron Harris. Accompaniment Orchestral Cassette. With Standard notation. Ron Harris Music #RHC0240. Published by Ron Harris Music (CF.RHC0240).
Violin,Viola,Cello,Double Bass,String Quartet,String Orchestra — Score,Set of Parts — Modern,Repertoire,Classroom,Technique Training,Halloween
Composed by Hannah Muehlbauer. Modern, Repertoire, Classroom, Technique Training, Halloween. Score, Set of Parts. 8 pages. Published by Hannah Muehlbauer (S0.223375).
Soprano Voice,Guitar — Score — 21st Century,Contemporary Classical,Modern,Recital
Composed by Hannah Y Greene. 21st Century, Contemporary Classical, Modern, Recital. Score. 9 pages. Published by Hannah Greene (S0.70783).
Trumpet,Trombone,Tuba,Horn in F,Brass Quartet — Score,Set of Parts — 21st Century,Contemporary Classical,Modern,Recital
Composed by Hannah Greene. 21st Century, Contemporary Classical, Modern, Recital. Score, Set of Parts. 16 pages. Published by Hannah Greene (S0.70837).
Piano Accompaniment,Horn in F,Soprano Voice — Score,Set of Parts — 21st Century,Contemporary Classical,Modern,Recital
Composed by Hannah Y Greene. 21st Century, Contemporary Classical, Modern, Recital. Score, Set of Parts. 6 pages. Published by Hannah Greene (S0.187781).
Violin — Individual Part,Solo Part — Classical Period,Baroque Period,Christmas
Arranged by Hannah Strickland. Classical Period, Baroque Period, Christmas. Individual Part, Solo Part. 1 pages. Published by Hannah Strickland (S0.680193).
Violin — Individual Part,Solo Part — Classical Period,Baroque Period,Christmas
Arranged by Hannah Strickland. Classical Period, Baroque Period, Christmas. Individual Part, Solo Part. 1 pages. Published by Hannah Strickland (S0.680197).
- From Song of Solomon — for SATB and piano
- An Immorality — for SATB and piano
- The Latest Decalogue — for SATB a cappella
- The Shrine of Kotje — for SATB and orchestra
- Songs from the Sanskrit — for SATB a cappella
- Hermione: A Portrait — for SSA, clarinet and bass clarinet
- The Birds (arr. of Czech carol) — for children’s voices, recorder and harp
- March of the 3 Kings (arr.) — for TTB a cappella
- Irish Carol (arr.) — for soprano and tenor soli, recorder, harp and SATB
- Irish Carol (arr.) — for SSAATTBB a cappella with recorder obbligato
- Les Anges dans nos Campagnes (arr.) — for TTBB a cappella
- Mister Lear — for SATB and brass quartet
- Four Canons for Three Voices — for mixed voices and piano
- Three Romantic Madrigals — for SSATB a cappella
- O Canada (canonic arr.) — for SATB a cappella
- Motet: I Shall Remember — for SATB a cappella
- Alleluia — for SATB a cappella
- Overheard on a Saltmarsh — for SATB a cappella
- Deep River (arr.) — for SSAATTBB and piano
- The Lord’s Prayer — for SATB choir, organ and piano
- The Lord’s Prayer — for SATB choir and organ
- Le Chat — for SATB a cappella
- Of Youth and Time — for SATB, youth and children’s choirs, and 2 pianos
- Three Pastoral Songs for 2-part treble choir and piano
- Morning’s Minion — song cycle for soprano and piano
- The Dinner-Party — song cycle for soprano or tenor, clarinet, and piano
- Three African Songs — song cycle for tenor or soprano and piano
- Nightsong and Earthvision — for soprano, piano, violin, and horn (Songs of Myself #1)
- A Decade (Songs of Myself #2) — for medium voice, harp, synthesizer and viola
- Credo (Songs of Myself #3) — for mezzo-soprano, viola and piano
- Prologue (Songs of Myself #4) — for soprano, flute, clarinet, piano, violin, and cello
- Two 12-tone Songs — for alto and piano
- Three Songs on Poems of Robert Graves — for voice and tape
- Four Arias from “Hypatia” — for mezzo-soprano and piano
- Vocalise and Song — for soprano and percussion
- And Music Dawned Above Despair (4 Views of War) - for baritone and piano
- A Few Figs from Thistles - for mezzo-soprano and piano
- Trapping Monkeys - for medium voice and piano
- Tumble Me Down - six duets on poems of Robert Herrick for alto, bass and piano
- Star Songs - for soprano and string quartet
- Rag-Sextet — for piano and woodwind quintet
- String Quartet #1
- Concert Piece — for flute and piano
- Meditation — for cello and piano
- Sonata for French Horn and Piano
- Prelude and Meditation on Coventry Cathedral — for trumpet and organ
- The Lonely Princess — for flute and guitar
- Piano Trio #1
- Toccatissimo! — for 2 pianos and percussion
- LYS — Theme & Variations for piano, flute and cello
- Holland Point Music — for soprano saxophone and marimba
- Chinese Impressions — for erhu and guzheng
- Saxophone Quartet #1
- Introduction and Dance of Qualified Joy - for harp, flute and viola
- Suite of Antique Dances - for harp, flute and viola
- Primavera II - for 2 violins
- Dances for Camille - for 2 pianos
- 5-Part Re-Invention - for recorder quartet and harpsichord
- Piano Trio #2
- Domestic Dialogues - for piano 4-hands
- Two Twelve-Tone Inventions for piano
- 5 Variations on a Theme of Violet Archer — for piano
- Visions of Nothingness — Piano Sonata in 2 movements
- Five Preludes for Organ
- Suite for Elan — for piano
- Fantasia on “Ein’ Feste Burg” — for organ
- Chorale Prelude on ‘O Sacred Head now Wounded’ for organ
- Chorale Prelude on ‘Yigdal’ — for organ
- Pastoral Suite — for guitar
- Ballade for piano
- Pinocchio’s Theme — for piano
- Deep River Rag — for piano
- Fugitive Horizons - for solo clarinet
- Grade 7 Superstar — for junior band
- Divertimento for Strings
- Land of the Silver Birch / Huron Carol — for handbell choir
- Suite of Orchestral Dances
- Symphony on Chinese Folktunes (Symphony #1)
- Adagio for String Orchestra
- The Dawn Comes Up Like Thunder — Tone Poem for orchestra
- Cantata for a Beloved Planet - for chorus, SATB soloists, and large orchestra
- Macbett — (Incidental Music for the play by Eugene Ionesco) for piano, trumpet, french horn, and percussion
- Mademoiselle Fifi — chamber opera in 2 scenes (libretto by Rowland Holt-Wilson)
- Hypatia — A play with songs
- A Sea Liturgy — (Incidental Music for the play by Gloria Sawai) for harp, recorder, SATB, synthesizer and viola
- Lady from the Past — Documentary Soundtrack for tape
- Aladdin — Ballet
- Pinocchio — Ballet
- 3 Electronic Dances
- Hundreds and Thousands — Chamber Opera for mezzo-soprano solo
- The Weapons of the Weak — opera on the history of Guatemala (libretto by the composer)
- The Illuminator - opera on the life of St. Gregory of Armenia
Mr. Hannah was born in 1945 in the province of Saskatchewan, and has resided most of his life in Western Canada. He studied piano and clarinet as a child, and later studied the cello in order to better understand how to write for strings. In 2009 returned to his homeland after several years of backpacking the world. At present he resides in Austria and is married to singer/director Andrea Mellis.
His interests are eclectic, ranging from travel and the sciences to history, wine and Eastern philosophy. In 1969 he received a Bachelor of Science degree in Chemistry from the University of Alberta in Edmonton, and a Bachelor of Music and a Master of Music degree (student of Violet Archer, Malcolm Forsyth and Manus Sasonkin) from the same institution in 1973 and 1975 respectively. He taught in public schools in Edmonton after receiving a Diploma in Education in 1980, finally burning out in 1996 from the years of patiently trying to present a rich and thoughtful music curriculum to people with a hockey mentality. At his website, visitors can listen to and download many of his pieces of music and read his lively descriptions of same.
His works have been performed in Canada and internationally, and many of them appear on CDs produced by the Edmonton Composers’ Concert Society (now New Music Edmonton), of which he was the founding president. He is also a reviewer and essayist, and some of his writings may be read at his website.
His catalogue includes some 100 works: choral works, chamber music, song cycles, orchestral music, solo instrumental music, two ballets and three operas - the most recent being based on the life of St. Gregory of Armenia. It is entitled, "The Illuminator", and was premiered in April of 2017 in Yerevan. He prefers texts and stories that express the human condition in a vivid and honest manner, and that are colourful in language and irreverent in tone. His music tends toward the conservative with a streak of Romanticism; written in a style that he describes as "dissonant pan-tonality", but elements of the atonal, of textural writing, of minimalism, and of randomness can also be found, with always the intent to be understood and enjoyed by an audience. He has received commissions from the Alberta Foundation for the Arts and the Edmonton Symphony Orchestra, the Canadian Broadcasting Corporation, and many individuals.