Vous êtes ici
Liste des compositions
Musique de chambre
Sheet music for Dieter Ammann
Flute, clarinet - Level 5
Composed by Dieter Ammann. In a folder. Performance Score(s). Composed 2011. 14/4 pages. Duration 12 hours. Baerenreiter Verlag #BA11060. Published by Baerenreiter Verlag (BA.BA11060).
By Casalquartett: Daria Zappa, Rachel Spaeth, Markus Fleck, Andreas Fleck, Mondrian Ensemble: Daniela Mueller, and Petra Ackerm. By Dieter Ammann. Listening CD. Published by Naxos (NX.CTS-M124).
By Ensemble Vortex; Sinfonie Orchester Biel Solothurn; Collegium Novum Zurich; Ensemble InterContomporain; Nicolas Hodges; Sinfonieorchester Muenster; Ensemble Vocal la Sestina; Nouvel Ensemble Contemporain; Ensemble Aventure; Ensemble Contemporain de l'Hemu. By Dieter Ammann; Victor Cordero; Ricardo Eizirik; Michael Jarrell; Max E. Keller; John Menoud; Laurent Mettraux; Alessio Sabella; Urs Peter Schneider; Blaise Ubaldini. Classical. 2 listening CDs. Published by Naxos (NX.MGB-CTS-M-147).
- ’Developments’ / 1993 2 Trumpets, Horn, Posaune, Tuba
- ’Piece for Cello’ / 1994, rev. 98 Violoncello solo
- ’Regard sur les Traditions’ / 1995 Piano 4 hands
- ’Morceau en Forme d’Improvisation’ / 1995 Choir, Piano 4hands
- ’Short Variation’ / 1996 7 Clarinets, Bass clarinet .
- ’The Freedom of Speech’ / 1995-96 Flute, clarinet, violin, violoncello, piano, percussion
- ’Under Pressure’ / 1996-97 Tenor saxophone and orchestra
- ’Musica Empirica’ / 1997-98 Soprano saxophone, and orchestra
- ’Gehörte Form - Hommages’ / 1998 Violin, Viola, Violoncello
- ’Violation’ / 1998-99 Violoncello and ensemble
- ’Venite a Dire/Raummusik’ / 2000 12 voices
- ’Grooves - Fitting One’ / 2000 Chamber orchestra
- ’Boost’ / 2000-01 Orchestra
- ’Core’ / 2002 Orchestra
- ’A(tenir)tension’ / 2002-03 Flute, Percussion duo
- ’Geborstener Satz’ / 2003
He started piano lessons at the age of five and later taught himself to play the trumpet and, at high school, the guitar. He earned School Music Diplomas I and 11 at the Academy for School and Church Music in Lucerne, and also attended the Jazz School in Berne. Ammann spent 1986 as a freelance musician in Berlin, taking part above all in projects involving improvised music. From 1988 to 1992 he studied theory and composition at the Basel Music Academy (Roland Moser, Detlev Muller- Siemens among others) and attended courses with Witold Lutoslawski, Dieter Schnebel, Niccolo Castiglioni and Wolfgang Rihm. Having already participated in numerous projects in the fields of jazz, rock and improvised music as a trumpeter, pianist, bass player, arranger and composer, Dieter Ammann took up composing at the age of twenty-eight. As it assumed an increasingly central role in his multifarious musical activities, he began liberating himself from serial techniques in individual works (,,Developments" for two trumpets, horn, trombone, tuba 1993) and subsequently arrived at a freer, more intuitive approach. Ammann has received several encouragement prizes and grants. He has also won international awards: top prize at the International Competition for Composers (in honor of Luciano Berio) of the IBLA Foundation New York; first prize at the Symposium NRW für Neue Musik; Young Composers in Europa Leipzig (first prize); and the Franz Liszt Grant of the Weimar 1999 Kulturstadt Europas GmbH, in cooperation with the academy of music.