U bent hier
Warning: images may be copyrighted. If no copyright is shown, see their site of origin for details, or contact me.
Opera en lyrische muziek
Sheet music for Edwin Carr
Piano,Voice,Soprano Voice — Score — 21st Century,Romantic Period,Movies,Pop,Folk
Composed by Daniel Carr. 21st Century, Romantic Period, Movies, Pop, Folk. Score. 15 pages. Daniel Carr #Nikoichi2. Published by Daniel Carr (S0.24856).
Piano,Voice,Soprano Voice — Score — 21st Century,Romantic Period,Movies,Pop,Folk
Composed by Daniel Carr. 21st Century, Romantic Period, Movies, Pop, Folk. Score. 9 pages. Daniel Carr #Nikoichi4. Published by Daniel Carr (S0.24855).
Piano,Piano/Vocal/Chords,Voice,Soprano Voice — — 21st Century,Jazz,Blues,Broadway,Pop
Composed by Daniel Carr. 21st Century, Jazz, Blues, Broadway, Pop. 26 pages. Daniel Carr #Nikoichi12. Published by Daniel Carr (S0.25061).
Piano,Piano/Vocal/Chords,Soprano Voice — — 21st Century,Romantic Period,Musicals,Folk,Pop
Composed by Daniel Carr. 21st Century, Romantic Period, Musicals, Folk, Pop. 17 pages. Daniel Carr #Nikoichi15. Published by Daniel Carr (S0.25064).
Piano,Piano Solo — — 21st Century,20th Century,Romantic Period,Folk,Latin
Composed by Daniel Carr. 21st Century, 20th Century, Romantic Period, Folk, Latin. 18 pages. Daniel Carr #Nikoichi3. Published by Daniel Carr (S0.15561).
Piano,Piano Solo — — 21st Century,20th Century,Romantic Period,Pop,Folk
Composed by Daniel Carr. 21st Century, 20th Century, Romantic Period, Pop, Folk. 18 pages. Daniel Carr #Nikoichi13. Published by Daniel Carr (S0.25597).
Piano Solo — — 21st Century,20th Century,Romantic Period,World,African
Composed by Daniel Carr. 21st Century, 20th Century, Romantic Period, World, African. 19 pages. Daniel Carr #Nikoichi1. Published by Daniel Carr (S0.26504).
Piano Solo — — 21st Century,Romantic Period,Repertoire,Pop,Fairy Tales
Composed by Daniel Carr. 21st Century, Romantic Period, Repertoire, Pop, Fairy Tales. 5 pages. Daniel Carr #Nikoichi_WindsLullaby. Published by Daniel Carr (S0.26506).
solo violin — Performing score —
Composed by Edwin Carr. Violin (Solo). Performing score. 13 pages. Duration 00:12:00. Promethean Editions #PREUME10. Published by Promethean Editions (PE.PREUME10).
Piano — Book — Masterwork Arrangement
Adult Piano Library. Arranged by David Carr Glover. Method/Instruction; Piano - Glover Library. David Carr Glover Adult Library. Masterwork Arrangement. Book. 72 pages. Belwin Music #00-EL9806. Published by Belwin Music (AP.EL9806).
Chronological List of Compositions by Edwin Carr
- 1950 - Mardi Gras Overture
- 1951 - A Blake Cantata
- 1953 - Suite #1 for two pianos (Cacciati dal Paradiso)
- 1954 - String Quartet #1
- 1955 - Piano Sonata #1
- 1955 - Electra - Ballet
- 1958 - Organ Sonata
- 1958 - Night Music - Scherzo
- 1962 - Piano Concerto #1
- 1963 - The Snowmaiden
- 1963 - Two Dances for viola & piano
- 1965 - Four pieces for Oboe d’amore and piano
- 1966 - Edith Sitwell Song cycle for oboe, soprano and piano
- 1966 - Piano Quintet
- 1966 - Five Pieces for piano
- 1967 - Five Pieces for Orchestra (transcription of ‘Five pieces for piano’)
- 1967 - Three Shakespeare Songs
- 1967 - Four Pieces for oboe d’amore, strings and harp (orch. ver. of 1965)
- 1968 - Three Pieces for cello and piano
- 1969 - Three Songs from Childhood for mezzo and violin
- 1969 - Violin Sonata (unaccompanied)
- 1970 - Suite #2 - Four dances from Electra for 2 pf and perc.
- 1970 - Aubade for clarinet and pf or orchestra
- 1971 - Suite #3 for two pianos
- 1971 - Six Studies for string orchestra
- 1971 - Auckland ‘71 - Ode for male speaker, chorus and orch.
- 1969 - 1972 - Nastasya - 3 act opera, based on Dostoievsky’s -The Idiot
- 1973 - Six Songs - ‘Out of Dark’ for mezzo and piano or orchestra
- 1973 - Four Short Concert Studies for piano
- 1974 - Three Love Songs for soprano & piano - poems by Fairburn
- 1974 - Seven Medieval Lyrics for SATB, orchestra, or piano duet
- 1974 - The Twelve Signs for wind, brass piano, harp and perc.
- 1975 - Piano Sonata #2 in one movement
- 1975 - Five Bagatelles for piano
- 1977 - Sonatina for piano
- 1977 - Five Songs to Poems by Wolkskehl - baritone & piano or orchestra
- 1977 - Sonata for violin and piano
- 1978 - Sinfonietta for small orchestra (Used for ‘Primavera’ ballet)
- 1978 - String Quartet #2
- 1978 - Seven Elizabethan Lyrics for chorus and piano duet or orchestra
- 1979 - Te Tau (The Seasons) - Winter & Spring for solo piano; Summer and Autumn for piano duet
- 1979 - An Easter Cantata for soprano, chorus and organ or string orch.
- 1981 - Symphony #1
- 1983 - Symphony #2
- 1983 - Trio for horn, violin and piano
- 1985 - Pacific Festival Overture
- 1985 - Promenade ballet suite for orch. or piano duet
- 1985 - The Mayors New Coat - ballet for orchestra
- 1985 - Piano Sonata #3
- 1985 - Piano Concerto #2
- 1985 - Film Music for Nicholas Nickleby
- 1986 - Song of Solomon symphonic cantata
- 1987 - Symphony #3
- 1988 - Poems for piano and orchestra
- 1989 - The Four Elements for four mandolins
- 1989 - The Four Elements for orch. or two pianos (transcriptions)
- 1989 - Suite #4 for two pianos (‘Four Elements’ transcription)
- 1989 - Quartet for oboe and clarinet, bassoon and piano
- 1989 - Octet for wind
- 1990 - Gaudeamus Overture
- 1990 - Taupo - The Eye of the World for soprano, choir & orch.
- 1991 - Foxtrot from Coup De Folie - piano duet or piano solo
- 1991 - Symphony #4
- 1991 - Four pieces for oboe d’amore and piano
- 1991 - Two Mansfield poems for Oboe d’Amore
- 1991 - Six choral Pieces from text by Katherine Mansfield
- 1992 - Eleven Pleasant Pieces for piano
- 1992 - Lord Arthur Saville’s Crime - Opera in One Act
- 1992 - Six Piano Variations on a Theme by Beethovan for piano
- 1994 - Sonata for two pianos
- 1995 - Arikinui - cantata for soprano and orchestra
- 1995 - Violin concerto
- 1996 - The Maze of the Muses - Chamber Opera
- 1996 - The End of the Golden Weather for orchestra
- 1996 - Ten Concert Studies for piano - Book I
- 1996 - Doves of Peace for piano
- 1996 - Waiheki for four oboes
- 1997 - Outcast from Paradise
- 1998 - In the Rangitaki Valley for two pianos, eight hands
- 1998 - Coup De Folie for two pianos, eight hands
- 1998 - Eve des Eaux - Eight French songs for solo tenor
- 1998 - Revelations for piano
- 1999 - ‘Akaraua’ - Four symphonic sketches for orchestra
- 1999 - Three pieces for solo bassoon
- 1999 - El Tango for orchestra
- 1999 - Ten Concert studies for piano, Book 2
- 1999 - Trio for violin, cello and piano
- 1999 - Wind trio for flute, oboe and bassoon
- 1999 - Mardi Gras 2000, new version
- 2000 - Three pieces for oboe and organ
- 2000 - Elegie for oboe and piano
- 2000 - Petit Concert, pour trio a vent: flute, hautbois et basson
- 2001 - Seven Waiheke Lyrics, SATB and piano duet
- 2001 - Three Pieces for the oboe and organ
- 2001 - Fanfare for Otago University
- 2001 - Concerto Balabile
CD recordings of his music are available on:Corellia CRA-1005
Manu/Ode - 1415
Continuum - CCD 1077 and CCD-1073-2
Kiwi Pacific - KPCD SLD-101 and SLD-98
Amoris Consort CD AR 1002 and AR 1003
Born in Auckland on 10 August 1926, he was educated at Otago Boys High School, Dunedin, 1940-43. He studied music at Otago University, 1944-45 and Auckland University College in 1946. He attended the first Cambridge (NZ) Summer Music School, 1946, with Douglas Lilburn as composition tutor. He traveled to England in 1948 on a New Zealand Government Bursary to study composition at the Guildhall with Benjamin Frankel, plus much freelance work and travel. In 1954 a British Council scholarship enabled him to study under Petrassi in Rome. He also worked in Italy as musical director of an independent ballet company. In 1957 a further British Council Scholarship enabled him to study with Carl Orff in Munich. He traveled back to New Zealand in 1958, staying there until 1960 teaching and composing. During the 1960’s he spent time in both Australia and England composing, teaching and studying with several trips back to New Zealand. He was awarded the Mozart Fellowship at the University of Otago for 1973-74. During 1975-76 he was teacher of composition at the Sydney Conservatorium, then returned to London. In 1977 he was back at the Sydney conservatorium teaching part-time, while conducting five principal Australian orchestras. He returned to New Zealand in 1984 conducting and freelance composing while based in Taupo. In 1991 he moved to Waiheke Island where he currently resides and is still active as a composer and teacher. In 1999 he was made a Member of the New Zealand Order of Merit in the Queen’s Birthday Honours.
An autobiography is available from Blanchard Press - ‘A Life Set To Music’ and can be purchased through the Music Centre of New Zealand.