Tu sei qui
Warning: images may be copyrighted. If no copyright is shown, see their site of origin for details, or contact me.
Sheet music for Carlos Vazquez
Piano — Solo Part — 21st Century
Composed by Luigie Vazquez Ortiz. 21st Century. Solo Part. 13 pages. Published by Luigie Vazquez (S0.11964).
Vocal and Guitar — Book Only — Classical
Composed by Juan Vazquez (1510-1560). Classical. Book Only. Union Musical Ediciones #MUSUMG19390. Published by Union Musical Ediciones (BT.MUSUMG19390).
Guitar — Book Only — Classical
Composed by Juan Vazquez (1510-1560). Classical. Book Only. Union Musical Ediciones #MUSUMG22007. Published by Union Musical Ediciones (BT.MUSUMG22007).
Vocal and Guitar — Score Only — Classical
Villancico Pour Voix Et Guitare. Composed by J. Vazquez. Classical. Score Only. Composed 2001. Editions Max Eschig #ME 00727100. Published by Editions Max Eschig (BT.ME-00727100).
String Quartet — — 20th Century,Latin,South American
Composed by Marco Antonio Vazquez Barreiro. Arranged by Tracy Kathleen Woodard. 20th Century, Latin, South American. 7 pages. Published by Tracy Kathleen Woodard (S0.511065).
Vocal and Guitar — Score Only — Classical
Villancico Pour Voix Et Guitare. Composed by J. Vazquez. Classical. Score Only. Composed 2001. Editions Max Eschig #ME 00726900. Published by Editions Max Eschig (BT.ME-00726900).
— listening CDs (2 discs) — Classical
By Vazquez and Kammerchor Cantica Nova. By Johann Sebastian Bach (1685-1750), Johann Joachim Quantz (1697-1773), and Graun. Classical. Listening CDs (2 discs). Published by Naxos (NX.DELTA67024).
Enrique Granados: Maria del Carmen — Diana Veronese; Larisa Kostyuk; Silvia Vazquez; Jesus Suaste; Gianfranco Montresor; Alberto Arrabal; Alex Ashworth; Dante Alcala; David Curry; Ricardo Mirabelli; Nicholas Sharratt; Vincenc Esteve; Stewart Kempster; Wexford Festival Opera Chorus; National
— Listening CDs (2 discs) — Classical
By Diana Veronese; Larisa Kostyuk; Silvia Vazquez; Jesus Suaste; Gianfranco Montresor; Alberto Arrabal; Alex Ashworth; Dante Alcala; David Curry; Ricardo Mirabelli; Nicholas Sharratt; Vincenc Esteve; Stewart Kempster; Wexford Festival Opera Chorus; National . By Enrique Granados (1867-1916). Classical. Listening CDs (2 discs). Published by Naxos (NX.8660144-45).
Massenet: Werther; Chailly Do — Riccardo Chailly; Alejandro Vazquez; Cologne West German Radio Symphony Orchestra; Franz Grundheber; Elena Obraztsova
— listening CD (2 discs) —
By Riccardo Chailly; Alejandro Vazquez; Cologne West German Radio Symphony Orchestra; Franz Grundheber; Elena Obraztsova. By Jules Massenet (1842-1912). Listening CD (2 discs). Published by Deutsche Grammophon (NX.DG413304).
— 1 listening CD — Classical
By Abdiel Vazquez. By Richard Wagner (1813-1883) and Giuseppe Verdi (1813-1901). Classical. 1 listening CD. Published by Naxos (NX.PCL0101).
- Tres Cantos de Pájaros. Flute and cello 1977.
- Tres Añoranzas. guitar. 1978
- Cantos de los pueblos. 9 songs. Primitive poetry. Soprano, piano, cello and percussion. 1982
- Serenata. Choir. 1983
- 3 para 4. Strings Quartet. 1984
- ¡Ecua-Jey! Piano concerto. 1986
- Brisas del Caribe. Symphonic Suite. 1986
- Mágica Antillas. tape. 1991
- Sinfonía de la Nacionalidad. Orchestra with soprano 1992
- El Encanto de la Noche Tropical. Tape or CD. 1993
- Imágenes Caribeñas. Piano. 1993
- Un Catalán en Borinkén. Cello solo. 1996
- Saxofonía. Sax and tape. 1996 Boston 96
- Virtualmente Serenata. String orchestra 1997.
- Saxofonía. Alto Sax and tape 96
- Cantos Africanos. Choir. 1998
- Cuatro Boleros Innobles. Harp 1998
- Mascarada. Soprano, tape and images. 1999
- Variaciones On Line. Tape piece. 1999
- Un Boricua en Madrid. multimedia. 1999
- Rapsodia Acquamarina. piano. 1999
- Yagrumos en Serenata. piano 1999
- Esa medalla me quema el pecho... Tape 2000
- Trio. Piano, violin and cello 2001
- Tzintzuntzan. Bass clarinet, marimba, violin, double bass, electronics recorded sounds, live electronics and images. 2001
- 6 Cuadros sonoros. Marimba and tape 2002
- Imágenes Caribeñas II. Sax Quartet 2002
- Aquel Album.. Tape 2002
- Trio Deleites. Clarinet, bassoon and piano. 2003
- Concierto Festivo. Guitar and orchestra. 2003
- El Desterrado. Symphonic poem. 2004
- La vuelta al mundo en 80 flautas, flute and multimedia. 2004.
- Fantasía cíclica. Percussion ensamble (6 players). 2005
- La ira de Aquileo. Electronic work. 2005
- Concerto for cello and orchestra. 2005
- Fiesta Rugeliana. For orchestra 2006
- Cuatro sombras de una Palma. For viola, clarinet and piano. 2007
- Requiem Domesticus, soprano,mezzo, tenor, bass,chorus, children choir, organ and orchestra. 2008
- Cuadros sin exhibición. Chamber ensemble. 2008
- Tres Cantos de Pájaros. Anco. 1984
- El Encanto de la Noche Tropical. Leonardo Music Journal. 95
- Imágenes Caribeñas. Albany Records 98
- Saxofonía. Computer Music Journal CD. 2000
- Sonata Boricuotica in Colegio de Compositores Latinoamericanos de Música de Arte Vol. 1
- Cuba and Puerto Rico Two Contemporary Composers: Guido López Gavilán -Carlos Alberto Vázquez. Double CD, one dedicated to Vazquez’s music. CaribNet. 2001
- Trio en tres in Colegio de Compositores Latinoamericanos de Música de Arte Vol. 2
- Conciertos Festivos. Available in CDbaby.com and ITunes
Symphonic, solo, choral, chamber, theater and electronic music composer Carlos Vázquez is of one the most outstanding Latin American contemporary composers coming from the Caribbean basin. Born in Mayaguez, Puerto Rico, Vázquez studied music at the University of Puerto Rico, University of Pittsburgh, New York University and La Sorbonne in Paris, where he earned a Doctoral degree. His composition teachers have been Rafael Aponte Ledée, Frank MacCarty and Bruce Saylor. Under the sponsorship of the Rockefeller Foundation, he attended a seminar on new computer music techniques at Stanford University in 1995.
Since 1972 his works have been premiered and played among different countries in America and Europe. He has been invited to a variety of international events such as the First Latin American Contemporary Music Festival (Venezuela, 1977), Charles Ives Center (1983–85), the International Electroacoustic Music Festival of Varadero, Cuba (1985, 87, 89, 91 and 1993), the II and VI Caribbean Composers Forum (Costa Rica), the IV Caribbean Composers Forum, Venezuela, the VII Caribbean Composers Forum, El Salvador, the V, VII, IX and XI Latin American Music Festival of Caracas, the XII Festival of Contemporary Music of Havana and the II International Contemporary Music Festival of El Salvador. He has been commissioned by the Puerto Rico Symphony Orchestra (twice), the Interamerican Music Council Of the Organization of American States, the University of Puerto Rico Choir and the Casals Festival, among others.
A multimedia work that he created as guest composer at LIEM, Madrid’s electronic music center, was premiered in the 2000 International Contemporary Music Festival of Alicante, Spain.
Dr. Vázquez has also been an active organizer, producer, lecturer and editor. He was founder and first President of the Puerto Ricos National Association of Composers. At the present, he is Executive Director of the Caribbean Composers Forum Organization, Musical Director of the International Electroacoustic Music Sample and was a member of the board of Directors of the Iberian-American Music Council based in Madrid. As a scholar he has lectured in Latin America, Spain and the USA on his electronic music as well as Puerto Rican traditional and contemporary music. He was Artist in Residence at Kean University in 1993. He organized 7 international festivals, produced six contemporary music concerts, edited two Caribbean music books (one containing scores, the other articles) and was the producer, writer and narrator of five of a series of radio programs which featured Puerto Rican music. He has been guest lecturer on composition at the Gerhart Munch workshop at the Conservatorio de la Rosas in Morelia, Mexico, and at the Jornadas de Informática y Electrónica Musical of Madrid. Since 1978 he teaches at the University of Puerto Ricos Music Department, where he has been the Director of the Electronic Music Lab.