Vous êtes ici
João Pedro Oliveira
Sheet music for João Pedro Oliveira
Neue Musik fur historische Orgeln. Edited by Reinhard Jaud. 144 pages pages. Published by Doblinger Music Publishers (DB.02-00470).
16 contemporary pieces for violin. Composed by Various. Edited by Alexandra Wood. ABRSM Publications. Spectrum (ABRSM). Sheet Music & CD. 72 pages. ABRSM (Associated Board of the Royal Schools of Music) #9781860967481. Published by ABRSM (Associated Board of the Royal Schools of Music) (A3.9781860967481).
With CD. Composed by Various. 3A. Spectrum (ABRSM). Modern. Score. 84 pages. ABRSM (Associated Board of the Royal Schools of Music) #9781860969713. Published by ABRSM (Associated Board of the Royal Schools of Music) (A3.9781860969713).
By Alessandro Cazzato. By Jan Freidlin (1944-), Paolo Geminiani, Antonio Di Iorio, Ottavio De Lillo, Joao Pedro Oliveira, and Eugene Ysaye (1858-1931). Country of Origin: Austria. Classical. Listening CD (1 disc). Published by Tactus Records (NX.TC950003).
- Sete Visões do Apocalipse, para órgão (1982)
- Estudos para 5 instrumentos, para flauta, clarinete, piano, violoncelo e percussão (1984)
- Integrais I, para violino solo (1986)
- Integrais II, para clarinete solo (1986)
- Integrais III, para trompa solo (1986)
- Integrais IV, para saxofone solo (1986)
- Canticum, música electrónica (1987)
- Tessares, para oboé, corne inglês, viola, piano, celesta e contrabaixo (1987)
- Threads II, para 13 instrumentos (1987)
- A Cidade eterna, música electrónica (1988)
- Patmos, ópera em 1 acto (1990)
- Tríptico, música electrónica (1991)
- Images de la mémoire, para soprano e sexteto de cordas (1992)
- Silence to Light, música electrónica (1992)
- Visão, para soprano, orquestra, fita magnética e transformações electrónicas ao vivo (1992)
- Pirâmides de cristal (1993)
- Requiem pelo Planeta Terra, para orquestra, coro, solistas e electrónica (1994)
- Peregrinação, para quarteto de cordas (1995)
- Harmonias e Ressonâncias, para órgão (1996)
- Livro do Órgão Ibérico (1996)
- A Cidade Eterna, para orquestra e fita magnética (1997)
- Atlas, música electrónica (1998)
- Rumo ao Futuro, música electrónica (1998)
- Azul Profundo, música electrónica (1998)
- O túnel do Som, música electrónica (1998)
João Pedro Oliveira (1959) studied organ performance and composition at the Gregorian Institute of Lisbon and architecture at the Fine Arts School of Lisbon. In 1985 he moved to the United States as a Fulbright scholar with a fellowship from Gulbenkian Foundation where he completed a Master’s Degree in Theory and a Doctorate in Composition at the University of New York at Stony Brook.
He has received several prizes and awards. He received the 1st Prize at the Joly Braga Santos Composition Competition, in the years of 1992, 1994 e 1995, the 1st Prize at the Oficina Musical IV Composition Competition and, more recently the 1st Prize at the Internacional Competition Alea III, the Trivium Prize at the Bourges Electroacoustic Music Competition 2002 and the Earplay 2003 Prize. Most of his works have been commissioned by portuguese and foreign groups and foundations. In 1993 and 1998 were released two CDs containing his electronic and computer music. Several of his other works have been recorded and published.
Besides his activity as a composer he also develops a career as an organist, having played in Europe, USA, China and Japan. He has recorded two CDs with works for trumpet and organ.
He is Senior Professor of composition and electronic music, and Director of the Electronic Music Studio at the University of Aveiro, in Portugal.