Vous êtes ici
Warning: images may be copyrighted. If no copyright is shown, see their site of origin for details, or contact me.
Sheet music for Avraham Chachamovits
Flute,String Orchestra — Score — Romantic Period
Composed by Peter Ilyich Tchaikovsky (1840-1893). Arranged by Avraham Guberman. Romantic Period. Score. 5 pages. Published by Avraham guberman (S0.226983).
Mr. Chachamovits’ music is very passionate and complex. If he was alive about 100 years ago, he would most certainly have been part of the great group of early 20th century composers. He has developed his own compositional techniques. In conversations with him, he has explained that for the last 25 years he has never listened to anyone’s music. This is to ensure the purity of his own expression. He only came back to composing music in mid-2010.
List of works since 2010
- Concerto for Piano and Strings, Op. 32
- Symphony No. 1, Op. 21
- Passacaglica for orchestra, Op. 20
- Concerto for Celesta and Orchestra, Op.19
- Symphonic Tone Poem, Op. 18
- Capriccio for Woodwind Quartet and Piano, Op. 39
- Suite for Piano and Woodwind Quintet, Op. 27
- Brass Quintet, Op. 33
- 24 Piano Études
- 8 Piano Inosculations, Op. 15
- Trio for Violin, Cello and Piano, Op. 16
- 4 Toccatas for Pipe Organ, Op. 25
- Violin Sonata No. 1, Op. 13 (dedicated to Leoš Janáček)
- Trio Apassioanto, for Piano, Viola and Clarinet, Op. 3
- Duo Concertante for Violin and Cello, Op. 37
- String Quartet #1
- String Quartet #2 ("Bessarabian Dances")
- String Quartet #3
- String Quartet #4 ("Requiem for Western Music")
- String Quartet #5
- Valse d’amore for String Quartet
- Woodwind Sextet: "Congratulations!", Op. 2
- Concerto for Flute and String Orchestra
- Dialogue for Flute and Clarinet
- Voyage to the absurd - Tone Poem for Clarinet Solo
- Dialogue for Piano and Timpani
- "Ionesco’s dream" for Flute and English Horn
- Small Concert for Xylophone, Marimba and Orchestra Bells
- Nigun L’Todah for Violin and Piano
- "Eagles fly alone and sparrows fly in flocks" (Fantasia for Orchestra, Op. 5)
- Piano Suite: "Le Jardin Secret"
- Duettino for English Horn and Cello, Op. 41
- Мой милый ангел (My Little Angel) for Trio (no opus).
- "Strength in gratitude and glory" (Sonata for Trio, Op. 40)
It is not a simple matter to describe this man’s life. With a genius I.Q. he spent years in music both as a jazz player and a modern classical composer. Later, he worked for over a decade in the core of technology development and science in America. Adding to these accomplishments, he became a full Orthodox Rabbi and Kabbalist with over 250 works published and students around the world! Truly, a force to be noticed.
This is a summary from one of his websites:
Rabbi Avraham Chachamovits earned an undergraduate degree in Jazz Guitar and Music Composition from the prestigious Berklee College of Music (1986) and a Masters in Music Composition and Computer Science from the Florida State University (1989). However, his greatest influence in compositional studies and music theory came from the renowned international professor of composition, music theorist and composer, a descendent of J.S. Bach, professor emeritus from the Boston University and Boston College, Doctor Hugo Norden, of blessed memory. Rabbi Avraham was his last student, having studied with him at the Boston Conservatory for almost two years until his passing in 1986. The musical experience with Dr. Norden had enormous importance, allowing Rabbi Avraham to become an expert in Counterpoint and Music Theory in addition to honing his composition skills.