French musician and composer. Before the French revolution, he was master of chapel in Beaune and in Nantes, then in Eglise des Saints Innocents (Paris) during 3 years (ca. 1782-1785?). After the revolution, he was appointed by the new Conservatoire de Musique to create the Library (the Bibliotheque du onservatoire, now merged with the Bibliotheque Nationale) and he was its curator until his death. He was mainly a theorician and wrote (among other things) a commented Catalogue of musical theory treaties, but he also composed some music essentially in the first half of his life when he was master of chapel. Unfortunately most of his works seem to have been lost.