Vous êtes ici
Warning: images may be copyrighted. If no copyright is shown, see their site of origin for details, or contact me.
Liste des compositions
Musique de chambre
Compositions sorted on opus (if available)
Op. 5/ 1a
Op. 14/ 2
Op. 14/ 3
Op. 21/ 2a
Op. 32/ 1
Op. 32/ 2
Op. 48/ 2
Op. 52/ 1
Op. 52/ 2
Op. 55/ 2
Op. 55/ 3
Op. 60/ 1
Op. 67/ 1
Op. 67/ 2
Op. 72/ 1
Op. 81/ 1
Op. 81/ 2
Op. 83/ 2
Sheet music for Lennox Berkeley
Lennox Berkeley & Michael Berkeley: Stabat Mater — The Marian Consort; Berkeley Ensemble; Rory McCleery; David Wordsworth
— listening CD — Classical
By The Marian Consort; Berkeley Ensemble; Rory McCleery; David Wordsworth. By Lennox Berkeley; Michael Berkeley. Classical. Listening CD. Published by Naxos (NX.DCD34180).
Mr. Pilkington's Toye — Lennox Berkeley
— Piano Solo — Classical
By Lennox Berkeley. By Lennox Berkeley (1903-1989). Classical. Piano Solo. 2 pages. Published by Hal Leonard - Digital Sheet Music (HX.332312).
Berkeley - Introduction & Allegro Op 24 Solo Violin — Lennox Berkeley
Violin — Softcover Book —
For Solo Violin. Composed by Lennox Berkeley (1903-1989). Violin Solo, Strings, Repertoire, Solos. Berkeley - Introduction and Allegro Op. 24. Softcover Book. Chester Music #CH01304. Published by Chester Music (HU.CH01304).
Berkeley - Elegy & Toccata Violin/Piano — Lennox Berkeley
Violin, Piano — Softcover Book —
For Violin and Piano. Composed by Lennox Berkeley (1903-1989). Strings, Repertoire, Solos. Berkeley - Elegy and Toccata. Softcover Book. Chester Music #CH00395. Published by Chester Music (HU.CH00395).
Berkeley - Sonatina For Oboe/Piano — Lennox Berkeley
Oboe, Piano — Softcover Book —
For Oboe and Piano. Composed by Lennox Berkeley (1903-1989). Woodwind, Repertoire, Solos. Berkeley - Sonatina. Softcover Book. 24 pages. Chester Music #CH01619. Published by Chester Music (HU.CH01619).
Sonatina op. 13 — Lennox Berkeley
treble recorder (flute) and piano — — Classical, Contemporary
For treble recorder or flute and piano. Composed by Lennox Berkeley (1903-1989). Edited by Manuel Jacobs. This edition: Saddle stitching. Sheet music. Originalmusik fur Blockflote (Recorder Library). The edition is part of the ABRSM syllabus (grade 7). Classical, Contemporary. Op. 13. 16 pages. Schott Music #OFB 1040. Published by Schott Music (HL.49011198).
Sonatina For Guitar (Revised 2012) — Lennox Berkeley
Guitar — Book Only — Classical
For Guitar. Composed by Lennox Berkeley (1903-1989) and Julian Bream (1933-). Edited by Peter Dickinson fing. Julian Bream. Arranged by Julian Bream. Music Sales America. Classical. Book Only. Composed 2012. 12 pages. Chester Music #MUSCH79772. Published by Chester Music (HL.14041941).
I Sing Of A Maiden (Arr. Lennox Berkeley) — Traditional
— Choral — Classical
By Traditional. Arranged by Lennox Berkeley. Choral. Classical. Choral. 2 pages. Published by Hal Leonard - Digital Sheet Music (HX.314827).
Theme And Variations Op.77 (Guitar) — Lennox Berkeley
Guitar — Book Only — Classical
Guitar. Composed by Lennox Berkeley (1903-1989). Edited by Angelo Gilardino. Music Sales America. Classical. Book Only. Composed 2002. 8 pages. Chester Music #MUSCH00480. Published by Chester Music (HL.14004199).
Three Latin Motets Op.83 No.1 — Lennox Berkeley
SATB Choir — Book Only — Sacred, Choral, 20th Century
Op. 83, No.1. Composed by Lennox Berkeley (1903-1989). Music Sales America. Sacred, Choral, 20th Century. Book Only. Composed 2002. Chester Music #MUSCH08895. Published by Chester Music (HL.14004201).
- Antiphon, Op95 (1973); 13min; Str
- Batter My Heart, Three Person’d God, Op60 No1 (1962); 13min; Sop, Chorus, Chamber
- Colonus’ Praise (1948); 14min; Chorus, Orch
- Concerto for Cello (1939); 20min; Cello, Orch
- Concerto for Flute, Op36 (1952); 21min; Flute, Sm Orch
- Concerto for Guitar, Op88 (1974); 22min; Guitar, Sm Orch
- Concerto for Piano and Double String Orchestra, Op46 (1958); 23min; Piano, Str
- Concerto for Piano in B-flat, Op29 (1947); 24min; Piano, Orch
- Concerto for Two Pianos, Op30 (1948); 30min; 2Piano, Orch
- Concerto for Violin, Op59 (1961); 22min; Violin, Sm Orch
- Dialogue, Op79 (1970); 17min; Cello, Sm Orch
- Diversions for Eight Instruments, Op63 (1964); 18min; Chamber
- Divertimento in B-flat, Op18 (1943); 17min; Sm Orch
- Domini est Terra, Op10 (1938); 9min; Chorus, Orch
- Elegy (arrangement) (1978); 3min; Str
- Fanfare for the Royal Academy of Music Banquet (1972); 1min; Chamber
- Five Pieces, Op56 (1961); 19min; Violin, Orch
- Four Poems of St Teresa of Avila, Op27 (1947); 14min; Alto, Str
- Four Ronsard Sonnets, Set 2, Op62 (1963); 18min; Tenor, Orch
- Interlude from "Nelson" (1955); 5min; Orch
- Introduction and Allegro, Op11 (1938); 14min; 2Piano, Orch
- Jonah (1935); 60min; Sop Alt Ten Bass, Chorus, Orch
- Magnificat, Op71 (1968); 22min; Chorus, Orch
- Nocturne, Op25 (1946); 11min; Orch
- Overture for Light Orchestra (1959); 7min; Orch
- Palm Court Music, Op81 No2 (1971); 7min; Orch
- Partita, Op66 (1965); 12min; Sm Orch
- Serenade for Strings, Op12 (1939); 14min; Str
- Signs in the Dark, Op69 (1967); 22min; Chorus, Str
- Sinfonia Concertante, Op84 (1973); 24min; Oboe, Orch
- Sinfonietta, Op34 (1950); 13min; Orch
- Stabat Mater for chamber ensemble, Op28 (1947); 33min; 2Sop Alt Ten Bari Bass, Sm Orch
- Suite for Orchestra (1953); Orch
- Suite for Stings, Op87 (1974); 11min; Str
- Suite from "Nelson", Op42 (1955); 16min; Orch
- Suite: The Winter’s Tale, Op54 (1960); 16min; Orch
- Symphony No1, Op16 (1940); 33min; Orch
- Symphony No2, Op51 (1958); 29min; Orch
- Symphony No3 in One Movement, Op74 (1969); 15min; Orch
- Symphony No4, Op94 (1978); 30min; Orch
- Variations on a Hymn by Orlando Gibbons, Op35 (1951); 18min; Tenor, Chorus, Org, Str
- Voices of the Night, Op86 (1973); 10min; Orch
- Windsor Variations, Op75 (1969); 12min; Sm Orch
(Contribution by Stephen P Brown <firstname.lastname@example.org>)
Lennox Berkeley was born in Oxford, England, and was educated at Gresham’s and Merton College, Oxford. In 1927, he went to Paris to study music with Nadia Boulanger, and there he became acquainted with Francis Poulenc, Igor Stravinsky, Darius Milhaud, Arthur Honegger and Albert Roussel. The French influence would continue to be felt in his music. He worked for the BBC during the Second World War, and later became president of the Performing Rights Society. He was knighted in 1974. He held the chair of Professor of Composition at the Royal Academy of Music from 1946 to 1968, and his pupils there included Richard Rodney Bennett, David Bedford and John Tavener.
His son, Michael Berkeley, is also a composer.
(Contribution by <email@example.com>.)
- Connectez-vous ou inscrivez-vous pour publier un commentaire