Vous êtes ici
Liste des compositions
Musique de chambre
Shop — Sheet Music Plus
Results for Leo Weiner Weiner Leo:
(Not an exhaustive list)
- 1906 String Quartet in E flat major Op 4
- 1907 Carnival for small orchestra Op 5 Orchestra
- 1907 Concertino for piano & orchestra Op 15
- 1908 String Trio in G minor Op 6
- 1908 Violin Concerto n° 2 in F sharp minor Op 45
- 1908 Violin Sonata n° 1 in D Op 9
- 1908 Violin Sonata n° 2 in F sharp minor Op 11
- 1911 Ballad for clarinet & piano Op 8
- 1912 Prince Csongor and the Goblins, from the ballet Op 10
- 1921 String Quartet n° 2 in F sharp minor Op 13
- 1931 Hungarian Folk Dance Suite, for orchestra Op 18
- 1934 Divertimento n° 1 (Old Hungarian Dances) Op 20
- 1934 Divertimento n° 2 (Hungarian Folk Tunes) Op 24
- 1938 Pastorale, phantasisie et fugue, for string orchestra Op 23
- 1938 String Quartet n° 3 in G Op 36
- 1941 Little piano pieces for 4 hands Op 36
- 1941 Miniatures. Easy pieces for piano Op 12
- 1941 Passacaglia for piano Op 17
- 1948 Easy Little Piano Pieces Op 27
- 1949 Romance for cello, harp and string orchestra Op 29
- 1950 Hungarian Folk Music, 30 little piano pieces for young people, Op 42
- 1951 Pereg Recruiting Dance, for violin and piano Op 40
- 1951 Pieces for piano Op 7
- 1951 Playing Soldiers for piano Op 16b
Leó Weiner was a major Hungarian music educator of the first half of the twentieth century and a talented, although almost unknown, composer who produced a large number of "popular" works, mostly for chamber and piano.
He learned music at the Landesakademie of Musical art in Budapest in 1901, where he studied with János Koessler.
Like other hungarian composers he was very attracted by hungarian folk music.
He was working as a "répétiteur" when he won a prize that allowed him to undetake musical studies in Vienna, Munich, Berlin, and fianlly Paris.
He returned to the Landesakademie in 1908, now as a teacher. He remained a faculty member there for the rest of his life, being appointed Professor of Composition in 1912 and Professor of Chamber Music in 1920 until 1949.