Vous êtes ici
Warning: images may be copyrighted. If no copyright is shown, see their site of origin for details, or contact me.
Liste des compositions
Sheet music for Joseph Turrin
[piccolo.2.2.3.bass clarinet2.2alto saxophone-22.214.171.124.Euph-harp-double bass-piano-timpani-2 percussion] — score and parts — Modern, Orchestral
Composed by Joseph Turrin (1947-). Wind Ensemble/Concert Band. Modern, Orchestral. Score and parts. Duration 00:05:00. Edition Peters #EP68299A-CMPSET. Published by Edition Peters (PE.EP68299A-CMPSET).
Concert Band — Softcover — Classical
Windependence Series - Artist Level (Grade 5). Composed by Joseph Turrin (1947-). Windependence Artist Level. Classical. Softcover. 56 pages. Boosey & Hawkes #M051662487. Published by Boosey & Hawkes (HL.48020688).
Trumpet and Piano — solo part with piano reduction — Contemporary
For Trumpet and Orchestra. Composed by Joseph Turrin (1947-). Premiered at Avery Fisher Hall in New York City. The conductor was Erich Leinsdorf and the soloist was Philip Smith, Principal Trumpet of the New York Philharmonic. Contemporary. Solo part with piano reduction. With Standard notation. 13 + 13 pages. Duration 15 minutes. Theodore Presser Company #114-40759. Published by Theodore Presser Company (PR.114407590).
— Vocal Score —
A chamber opera in two acts. Composed by Joseph Turrin (1947-). Opera Vocal Scores. Vocal Score. Edition Peters #EP68299. Published by Edition Peters (PE.EP68299).
Concert Band — Softcover — Classical, Contest, Festival
Composed by Joseph Turrin (1947-). Windependence Master Level. Classical, Contest, Festival. Softcover. Boosey & Hawkes #M051662715. Published by Boosey & Hawkes (HL.48021143).
— Conductor Score (Full Score) — Classical,Contest,Festival
Composed by Joseph Turrin (1947-). Classical, Contest, Festival. Conductor Score (Full Score). 8 pages. Duration 200. Published by Hal Leonard - Digital Sheet Music (HX.211033).
Piccolo — individual instrument part — Classical,Contest,Festival
Composed by Joseph Turrin (1947-). Classical, Contest, Festival. Individual instrument part. 2 pages. Duration 200. Published by Hal Leonard - Digital Sheet Music (HX.211034).
Flute 1 — individual instrument part — Classical,Contest,Festival
Composed by Joseph Turrin (1947-). Classical, Contest, Festival. Individual instrument part. 2 pages. Duration 200. Published by Hal Leonard - Digital Sheet Music (HX.211035).
Flute 2 — individual instrument part — Classical,Contest,Festival
Composed by Joseph Turrin (1947-). Classical, Contest, Festival. Individual instrument part. 2 pages. Duration 200. Published by Hal Leonard - Digital Sheet Music (HX.211036).
Oboe 1 — individual instrument part — Classical,Contest,Festival
Composed by Joseph Turrin (1947-). Classical, Contest, Festival. Individual instrument part. 2 pages. Duration 200. Published by Hal Leonard - Digital Sheet Music (HX.211037).
- Concerto for Trumpet and Orchestra
- Concerto for Flute and Orchestra
- Bagatelle for Chamber Orchestra
- Civil War Suite
- Riffs and Fanfares (string trio, clarinet, horn, piano)
- Arcade (flute/alto flute double, oboe/english horn double, viola, cello)
- Walden Trio (flute, cello, piano)
- The Steadfast Tin Soldier (orchestra and narrator) Also availible for chamber ensemble (fl,ob, cl, bsn, hrn, trp, piano and narrator)
- Intrada (trumpet and piano)
- Elegy (trumpet and string orchestra)
- Festival Fanfare (8 trumpets & percussion)
- Concertino for Tuba & Band
- Solarium (brass quartet & piano)
- Soundscapes (brass quintet)
- Aeolus (for flute and piano)
- Night Flight (flute & piano)
- Dedications (flute & piano)
- Winter Sky for Native American Flute & Piano
- Joyful Rain for Native American Flute & Guitar
- Escapade (piccolo trumpet & brass band)
- Trilogy (brass band)
- Arabesque (2 Bb instruments & band) (Piano reduction available)
- Invocation for Chorus and Band / Piano Vocal Score also available
- Two Sketches for Band
- A New Life Overture (for orchestra)
- Caprice (trumpet and piano)
- Variations (string quartet or string orchestra)
- Five Pieces (solo clarinet)
- She Walks in Beauty (baritone voice & piano)
- 12 Haiku Songs (soprano & piano)
- A Certain Slant of Light (soprano & piano)
- Away Delights (soprano & piano)
- When Tony Plays The Sax (for narrator, ochestra, solo alto sax, jazz vocal, & rhythm section)
- A Moon Song (soprano & piano)
- Lullaby (for voice, flute & piano)
- Prologue (brass band & narrator)
- Feathertop (opera in 2 acts / Libretto by Bernard Stambler)
- Frankie (opera / Libretto by George Abbott)
- Love Games (opera/musical in 2 acts)
- Fanfare for George Gershwin (orchestra)
- Three American Folk Songs (chorus)
- Two Russian Love Songs (chorus)
- Psalm 121 (chorus)
- Hope Alive (SATB & piano)
- Voices Change (Chorus & Band or Piano)
- Childrens Suite (piano solo)
- Piano Suite (in 6 movements)
- Sadie Thompson Suite (from the film Sadie Thompson / for 19 instruments)
- Structures (large brass choir)
- Serenade Romantic (concert band)
- Sonata for Clarinet & Piano
- Landscape (solo bass clarinet)
- Three Summer Dances (woodwind quintet)
- TV Wizard (4 trumpets, 4 trombones, piccolo, piano, bass, drums)
- Sweet Liberty (brass choir, flute, piano bass, drums)
- Lullaby of Broadway (Suite for orchestra, chorus & vocal soloist) for the New Orleans Symphony
- Two Portraits (for Flugelhorn & Piano)
- Modinha (for the Orpheus Chamber Orchestra)
- Any Way You Play It-It’s Music (for Orchestra, Narrator, Solo Cello, and Voices)
- Jazzalogue No.1 (3 trp’s, 4 hns’s, 3 trb’s, tuba) Commissioned by the New York Philharmonic for their 1997 Latin American Tour
- Soundings for Band (1. Ritual 2. Reflections 3. Ceremonial) Commissioned by the University of Wisconsin
- Hymn for Diana (Brass Band) In memory of Princess Diana
- Fanfare for Five (Brass Quintet)
- Festival Music for the Golden Pavilion (string quartet, bass, trumpet, horn, trombone, keyboard) Commissioned for the 600th year anniversary of the Golden Pavilion in Japan. Premiered by members of the NY Philharmonic
Joseph Turrin’s multifaceted career encompasses an amazingly wide range of musical talents.
As composer, he has been recognized with major commissions from the New York Philharmonic (Concerto for Trumpet) with Erich Leinsdorf conducting and Philip Smith as soloist (Jazzalogue No.1) and Lincoln Center Chamber Music Society (Riffs and Fanfares). Other commissions include a Concerto for Flute (written for Carol Wincenc and premiered at Avery Fisher Hall with the New Jersey Symphony), Meet The Composer (Invocation), (Two Sketches), North American Brass Band Association (Trilogy), New Jersey Chamber Music Society (Arcade), University of Wisconsin (Soundings). The Concerto for Trumpet was recently given its European premiere with conductor Kurt Masur a iety (Riffs and Fanfares). Ond the Gewandhausorchester in Leipzig, Germany.
He received his formal education at the Eastman School of Music and the Manhattan School of Music. He has received awards and grants from the United Nations (for contributions in the arts), ASCAP, American Music Center and the New Jersey State Council on the Arts.
As conductor he has conducted several American orchestras including the Pittsburgh Symphony, Baltimore Symphony, New Orleans Symphony and the New Jersey Symphony.
In film, he has gained success as a composer and conductor. He was composer for Alan Alda’s film A New Life for Paramount Pictures. In 1986 he was commissioned to write an original orchestral score for the restoration of the silent film classic Sadie Thompson. The release of the movie was acclaimed in major cities throughout the U.S. and Europe. Other films he has worked on as composer or orchestrator include Little Darlings, Verna-USO Girl (with Sissy Spacek and William Hurt / Nominated for 3 Emmy Awards), Weeds (with Nick Nolte), Nightmare on Elm Street 3, Tough Guys Don’t Dance (written and directed by Norman Mailer).
His work in musical theater includes performances on Broadway with Michael Feinstein and the score for Frankie with libretto by Broadway legend George Abbott. Other theater works include an opera Feathertop, and the musicals Love Games and The Barricade. He also did the orchestrations for the 1992 Olympic Fanfare for the summer Olympic ceremonies in Barcelona, Spain.
His works have been performed by the New York Philharmonic, St. Martin-in-the-Fields Academy Orchestra, Gewandhausorchester (Leipzig, Germany), Orpheus Chamber Orchestra, Baltimore Symphony, New Orleans Symphony, New Mexico and New Jersey Symphony, Little Orchestra Society the US Army Band, Atlantic Brass Quintet, Lincoln Center Chamber Music Society, New Jersey Chamber Music Society and many others.