Vous êtes ici
Sheet music for Hubert de Blanck
Piano and voice - Digital Download
Composed by Henry Pontet. Ships, Absences, Homecomings, Storms, Lighthouses, Sailors. Lester S. Levy Collection. 9 pages. Published by Johns Hopkins University Sheridan Libraries (LV.10676).
Piano - SMP Level 4 (Intermediate)
Composed by Various. Piano Solo Songbook. Classical Period. Collection (softcover). With standard notation, fingerings and introductory text (does not include words to the songs). 352 pages. Published by Hal Leonard (HL.310508).
Organ - Level B (easy)
Edited by Anne Marsden Thomas. Oxford Service Music for Organ. Collection. 64 pages. Oxford University Press #9780193372665. Published by Oxford University Press (OU.9780193372665).
Solo piano - Level C (moderately difficult)
Twentieth-century arrangements from choral and instrumental works. Composed by Johann Sebastian Bach (1685-1750). Edited by Michael Aston and David Owen Norris. Collection. 64 pages. Oxford University Press #9780193392618. Published by Oxford University Press (OU.9780193392618).
SATB choir and keyboard
Edited by Lionel Dakers. This edition: paperback. Mixed Voices. Sacred, Choral Collection. Choral score. 592 pages. Oxford University Press #9780193531093. Published by Oxford University Press (OU.9780193531093).
Organ - Intermediate
Organ Popular Hymn Tunes Varied Harmonies. Composed by Noel Rawsthorne. Hymns: Last verse arrangements. Sacred. Book. Published by Kevin Mayhew Publishers (KV.1405527).
- Danse Espagnole
- Serenade - Op. 4
- Tarantelle - Op. 5
- Bolero - Op. 6
- Chant Du Soir - Nocturne, Op. 7
- Souvenir De La Havane - Op. 8
- Violetta (Pensée Musicale)
- Himno Bayamés (Paráfrasis)
- Vals María Luisa
- Canto A Las Ninfas
- Nocturno A Ceres
- American Rapsodie
- Vistas Cubanas - siete piezas para piano
- Scherzo in C Major
- Melodia in A flat Major
- Bolero in d minor
- Canto De Luna
- Melodia in C Major
- Vals De Concierto
- Danza (cubana)
- Fete Au Village
- Introducción Y Rondo
- Estudio Fácil
- Cuatro Estudios De Concierto
- Canto Fúnebre
- Valse Vienoise
- Album (Seis obras para piano)
- Romanza sin palabras.
- Un momento alegre.
- Duerme dulce hija mía.
- Marcha fúnebre.
- Habana elegante. (Gavotte)
- Capricho Cubano
- Himno a José Martí
Educational Work For Piano
- Summa Digitorum
- Cinco Estudios En Octavas
- Nueva Escuela Hubert De Blanck Para Piano – 7 cuadernos
Song And Piano
- Desde La Tarde En Que Te Vi
- Ante La Tumba De Un Esclavo
- La Danza Tropical
- Lejos Voló
- La Huérfana
- Himno A La República
- Las Dos Rosas
- Ave Maria
- Nur Ich Allein
- La Fuga De La Tórtola
- La Esperanza
- Oracion De La Tarde
- Las Perlas
Violin And Piano
- Chant Du Berceau
- Sueño Sobre La Margen Del Plata
- Suite En Cuatro Tiempos
- Quinteto (Allegro - Andante - Moderato - Allegro)
- Trio (Andante - Allegretto - Moderato)
- Menuetto Y Rondo - piano, violin and cello
- Escena Campestre - violin, horn and piano
- Danza Infernal - piano, 2 violins, cello, double-bass and flute
- Simphonie Hollandaise
- Concerto Para Piano (Andante and Allegro)
- Capricho Cubano - piano and orchestra
- Poema Sinfónico
- Suite Sinfónica
- La Danza Tropical - soprano and orchestra
- Gran Tarantella - 6 piano’s and orchestra
- Marcha Fúnebre
- Canto Fúnebre
Music For A Military Band
- Marcha Heroica
- Marcha Triunfal
Music For Theater
- Hicaona - opera in 3 acts
- Los Hijos De Los Peregrinos - opera in 3 acts and 6 scenes
- Patria - opera in 1 act and 2 scenes
- Actea - opera in 1 act and 2 scenes
- La Princesa Morisca - opera in 3 acts and 2 scenes
- La Parisina
- Dolores - zarzuela in 1 act en 4 scenes
- Oratorio Magdalena
- Misa - 4 voices and organ
- Plegaria - 4 voices
- Ave María - 4 voices
Transcriptions And Orchestrations
- Dorila canción dominicana - violin and piano
- Nina Pancha Habanera de Romeo y Valverde, - violin and piano
- Gavotta after Corelli. - piano (for the left hand)
- Preludio Viii after J.S. Bach. - piano
- Aragonaise after Massenet. - piano
- Malagueña after Lecuona. - 2 piano’s
- Himno Bayamés after Perucho Figueredo.
Hubert de Blanck was a Dutch-born pianist, composer and professor of music who lived most of his life in Cuba.
His father was Willem de Blanck (born in1832), a violinist, and his mother Reine Valet (1835-1868), a singer. The couple settled in Rotterdam after their marriage, in 1853. They travelled frequently throughout Europe in order to stage performances. As a result of these trips, Hubert was not born in Rotterdam but rather in Utrecht, on 14 June 1856. In 1873, after successfully studying piano and composition at the conservatories of Liège and Cologne, he made his formal debut as a concert pianist in St. Petersburg at age seventeen. In 1874, he was named musical director of the El Dorado theatre in Warsaw, but he left the post the following year.
Shortly thereafter, he met the precocious Brazilian violinist Eugène Maurice Dengremont (1866-1893), with whom he toured throughout Europe and South America. In 1881, de Blanck settled in New York, where he was awarded the position of Professor of Piano at the New York College of Music. In New York he met the Cuban-born Ana María García-Menocal (1859-1900), whom he married on 24 December 1881.
In 1883, the couple moved to Havana with their first-born son, where de Blanck became very active in Cuba’s musical community. In 1885, he founded the first Cuban Conservatory of Music.
In 1895, at the outbreak of the Cuban War of Independence, de Blanck sympathized with the revolutionary movement and he had to leave Cuba. The family settled in New York. During his stay in this city, he accompanied several musicians on tours of the United States and Canada.
In 1898, after the Cuban War of Independence had ended, the family returned to Havana, where de Blanck continued his musical activities as teacher, pianist, composer, publisher and organizer.
On 19 September 1900, his wife Ana died. On 28 June 1902, he married Pilar Martín (1883-1955), who had been one of his students. Hubert de Blanck died in Havana on 28 November 1932, aged 76.
His youngest daughter Olga was also a composer.