Vous êtes ici
Liste des compositions
Musique de chambre
Shop — Sheet Music Plus
Results for Galina Ivanovna Oustvolskaia Oustvolskaia:
Ustvolskaya’s works are highly spiritual in character but seldomly have the quieting effect we find with other spiritual composers, like e.g. Pärt, but rather the opposite. Her “Dies Irae” (1972–1973), for 8 double basses, piano and percussion, is a good example of the disquieting effect her music can evoke.
Works of Galina Ustvolskaya have been recorded on BMG Classics 74321 49955 2:
- Concerto for Piano, String Orchestra and Timpani
- Octet for 2 Oboes, 4 Violins, Timpani and Piano
- Sonata no 3. For Piano
- Grand Duet for Violoncello and Piano
On Conifer Classics:
- Piano Sonatas Nos. 1-6, Frank Denyer, piano
- Symphony No. 5 "Amen"
- Composition No. 3 (Benedictus Qui Venit)
Even though Galina Ustvolskaya was a famous composer, she has lived a very solitary most of the time. She studied under Shostakovich (who was very impressed by her) at the Saint Petersburg conservatory, and from 1947 to 1975 she also taught at the same conservatory. She seldomly travelled abroad.