Vous êtes ici
Liste des compositions
Musique de chambre
Sheet music for Antal Dorati
Oboe, Piano (Oboe)
For Oboe and Piano. Composed by Antal Dorati (1906-1988). Boosey & Hawkes Chamber Music. Classical, Contemporary. 28 pages. Boosey & Hawkes #M060085574. Published by Boosey & Hawkes (HL.48011229).
Composed by Antal Dorati (1906-1988). Boosey & Hawkes Chamber Music. Classical, Contemporary. 10 pages. Boosey & Hawkes #M060064722. Published by Boosey & Hawkes (HL.48010743).
Upper Voices (SMA/SA) - 4
Composed by Antal Dorati (1906-1988). Choral Works. Book Only. 20 pages. Editio Musica Budapest #EMBZ13952. Published by Editio Musica Budapest (HL.50487738).
Mixed Voices and Accompaniment (SATB, org) - 3
Composed by Antal Dorati (1906-1988). EMB. Choral Works. Book Only. 8 pages. Editio Musica Budapest #EMBZ12997. Published by Editio Musica Budapest (HL.50487395).
Canon - grade 3
Composed by Antal Dorati (1906-1988). Classical. Book Only. 8 pages. Editio Musica Budapest #EMBZ7493. Published by Editio Musica Budapest (HL.50489184).
By Antal Dorati and Stockholm Philharmonic Orchestra. By Antal Dorati (1906-1988). Listening CD. Published by BIS Records (NX.BIS-CD-408).
- ’The Chosen’, opera in 3 acts after a play by Martin Buber (1984)
- ’Magdalena’, choreographic legend in 12 tableaux (1960-61)
- Divertimento on Hungarian Tunes (1939, withdrawn)
- American Serenade for string orchestra (early 1940s)
- Symphony No.1 (1956-57)
- Threnos for string orchestra (1959 rev. 1977)
- Largo Concertato for string orchestra (1966); Silhouettes - seven pieces for large orchestra (1966 - withdrawn)
- Night Music for flute and small orchestra (1968)
- Piano Concerto (1975)
- Divertimento for oboe and orchestra (1976)
- Cello Concerto (1977)
- Trittico for oboe, oboe d’amore and cor anglais with string orchestra (1984-85)
- Symphony No.2 ‘Querela Pacis’ (1985)
Choral and vocal works
- Le Chemin, cantata after Paul Claudel (1955-56)
- The Two Enchantments of Li Tai Pe for baritone and small orchestra (1957)
- Missa Brevis (1959)
- Madrigal Suite for chorus and small orchestra (1965)
- ’Chamber Music’, song-cycle for soprano and 25 instruments (1967)
- Die Stimmen, song-cycle for bass and piano or orchestra (1975, orch. 1978)
- Of God, man and Machines for SATB (1978)
- In the Beginning for bass-baritone, oboe, cello and percusssion (1979)
- Autumn, six epigrams for bartitone and 19 players (1986)
- Jesus or Barabbas?, melodrama for speaker, chorus and orchestra (1987)
- Hexaphoneia for baritone and string quintet (1988)
- Nocturne and Capriccio for oboe and string quartet (1926)
- Threnos for string quartet (1959)
- String Octet (1964)
- String Quartet (1980)
- Duo Concertante for oboe and piano (1984)
- Adagio for viola and piano (1987)
- Capriccii for piano (1970-75)
- Variations on a Theme of Bartok, for piano (1974)
- Sonata per Assissi for 2 flutes (1980)
- Cinq Pieces for solo oboe (1980)
Dorati was best known as a conductor, starting at the Royal Opera in Budapest
in 1924. From 1933 to 1944 he conducted ballet companies in Europe and the USA.
1945-49 with the Dallas SO, 1949-60 with the Minneapolis SO, 1962-66 with the
BBC SO in London, and 1977-81 with the Detroit SO. But he was also a prolific
and quite individual composer; he studied with Kodaly and Leo Weiner. He
destroyed almost all his early compositions, and from the 1920s to 1950s wrote
very little - he did, however, produce many successful arrangements, notably the well-known ballet on music by Johan Strauss II, ‘Graduation Ball’ (1939). After the mid-1950s, however, he composed
steadily, often for the internationally-accliamed soloists with whom he routinely worked.