Vous êtes ici
Liste des compositions
Musique de chambre
Shop — Sheet Music Plus
Results for Alessandro Rolla Rolla:
- Sonata in C major for viola and bass (BI 323)
- Sonata in D minor for viola and bass (BI 324)
- Sonata in E flat major for viola and bass (BI 325)
- Sonata in A flat major for viola and bass (BI 327)
- Duet in F major for Viola and Cello (BI 326)
- Three Pieces for viola solo, Op. posth
- "Duetti Concertanti per Violino e Violoncello, dedicati ai Sig.ri Bignami"
- Duetto I in Sib maggiore
When Paganini arrived the two most important personalities were Alessandro Rolla and Ferdinando Paer, who was chapel-master of the Dukedom. Rolla on the other hand was a violin and a viola virtuoso as well as Director of the Court Orchestra. Although Rolla was one of the most important custodians of the Italian instrumental tradition, Paganini did not need the Master’s tuition for long. Rolla soon introduced him to Gasparo Ghiretti, who gave him lessons in harmony and counterpoint.
It is also curious to note that Alessandro Rolla, after his transfer to Milan, was a member of the adjudicating commission which rejected another famous Parmesan, Giuseppe Verdi, at the entry examination in the Conservatory of the city.