Se encuentra usted aquí
Sheet music for Wolfgang-Andreas Schultz
With Piano Reduction. Composed by Wolfgang-Andreas Schultz. Boosey & Hawkes Chamber Music. Classical. Softcover. 100 pages. Boosey & Hawkes #M221121332. Published by Boosey & Hawkes (HL.48020721).
Cor Anglais and Orchestra
Fantasie und Fuge nach einem Gedicht von Georg Trakl. Composed by Wolfgang-Andreas Schultz. Edition Schott. Contemporary. Book with Part. Composed 2011. Hal Leonard #AST9287. Published by Hal Leonard (HL.49018735).
For Solo Violin. Composed by Wolfgang-Andreas Schultz. Boosey & Hawkes - Chamber Music. Softcover. Published by Boosey & Hawkes (HS.48024210).
Soprano [Mezzo-Soprano] and Piano
From the opera ?Sturmnacht?. Composed by Wolfgang-Andreas Schultz. Book Only. Composed 2012. Beriato Music #AST185. Published by Beriato Music (BT.AST185).
Soprano (mezzo-soprano) and piano - advanced
From the opera 'Sturmnacht'. Composed by Wolfgang-Andreas Schultz. This edition: Saddle stitching. Sheet music. Composed 1980-1982. 12 pages. Duration 8'. MDS (Music Distribution Services) #AST 185. Published by MDS (Music Distribution Services) (M7.AST-185).
Viola solo - advanced
For viola solo. Composed by Wolfgang-Andreas Schultz. This edition: Saddle stitching. Sheet music. Single sheet. Composed 1989. 8 pages. Duration 7'. MDS (Music Distribution Services) #AST 6173. Published by MDS (Music Distribution Services) (M7.AST-6173).
German composer, prizewinner of the “Voya Toncitch Prize” International Piano Composition Contest in Paris, in 1987 for his remarkable work entitled “Carceri d’invenzione” (Prisons of Invention”) comprising five titled polymetric studies inspired by engravings by the Italian arquitect Gianbattista Piranesi (1720–1778). According to Mr.Toncitch “Wolfgang-Andreas Schultz work reveals shrewdness and inventiveness of a great talent expressed in the best classical idiom.” Mr. Toncitch premiered Wofganag-Andreas Schultz’s work in Malta, at the Manoel Theatre at Valletta, on November 23rd, 1987. The music critic of “The Sunday Times” Mrs. Rosa Micaleff-Judge wrote: ‘Carceri d’invenzione by Wolfgang-Andreas Schultz is a lovely pattern of notes, clustered sonorities, not completely alien to the past, nor in its structure.” The music critic of the weekly magazine “The Saturday Chronicle”, who signs “Artisticus” stated that Mr. Schultz’s work is “a putting together of sounds and sonoric effects of a rare quality.” Mr. Toncitch also recorded Mr. Schultz’s work in Holland, for the Broadcasting Corporation NCRV at Hilversum and played it in USA and in Malaysia.
- Das Federgewand, chamber opera, basing on a No-Theatre piece by Zeami Motokiyo, Saarbrücken 1984.
- Talpa, chamber opera, basing on a novel by Juan Rulfo, Kiel
- Sturmnacht, opera in two acts, libretto by Hanns-Josef Ortheil, Nürnberg 1987 (Astoria)
- Achill unter den Mädchen, opera in one act, libretto by Hanns-Josef Ortheil, Kassel 1997 (Astoria)
Works with Orchestra:
- Mythische Landschaft, fantasy piece for full orchestra, 12’, Lübeck 1976 (Boosey&Hawkes). Abendländisches Lied, Fantasy and Fugue for english horn and orchestra, Ulm 1990 (Astoria).
- Shiva, dance poem for flute and orchestra, (flute concerto), 25’, Hannover 1992 (Astoria).
- Die Sonne von Tabriz, chamber symphony for soprano and 15 instruments, 22’, Halle 1998 (Astoria).
- Lilith, dance poem for clarinet and orchestra (clarinet concerto),30’ (Boosey&Hawkes)
- 1st Symphony “The voices of Chartres” for full orchestra, 40’, Greifswald 2004 (Boosey&Hawkes).
- Die Nachtfahrt des Sonne, 2nd Symphony for piano and orchestra (piano concerto), 30’ (Boosey&Hawkes).
- Tranfiguration, for orctestra, basing on the painting by Raffael, 8’(Boosey&Hawkes).
- Archaische Landschaft mit heilender Trauer, for string orchestra, 15’(Boosey&Hawkes)
- Landschaft der Horchenden — Vier Menschen, 3. Stringquartet, 20’ (Boosey&Hawkes)
- Capriccio notturo, for woodwind quintet, 15’, Hamburg 1985 (Boosey&Hawkes)
- Sonata for Violin and piano (Fantasy and Fugue with gothic landscape ), 22’, Hamburg 1995 (Boosey&Hawkes).
- Wandlungen eines gefallenen Engels, for clarinet solo, 4’, Hamburg 2001 (Boosey&Hawkes)
- Japanische Nebellandschaft, for flute solo, 5’, Hamburg 2004
Works for piano and organ:
- Two Piano Pieces, 7’, Hamburg 1974 (Boosey&Hawkes)
- Mein junges Leben hat ein End, fantasy for piano, 25’, Köln 1997 (Boosey&Hawkes)
- The Temptations of St. Anthony, Fantasy for two pianos, basing on the novel by Flaubert, 30’, Bremen 1986
- Metaphysische Landschaft, for organ, 15’, Altenberg 1980 (Boosey&Hawkes)
Wolfgang-Andreas Schultz, born 1948 in Hamburg, received piano and cello lessons in his early education and undertook writing his first compositions at the age of 12. After his graduation in 1968 he next studied Musicology and Philosophy at the University of Hamburg. As composing became even more important, he began composition studies in 1972 at the Musikhochschule Hamburg with Ernst Gernot Klussmann. In 1974 he received a degreee for his musicology studies and later received a diploma of music theorie/composition. He furthered his studies with György Ligeti. He became assistant professor at the Musikhochschule Hamburg and assistant to György Ligeti. Since 1988 he has been professor fr music theory and composition in Hamburg.