You are here
Warning: images may be copyrighted. If no copyright is shown, see their site of origin for details, or contact me.
Sheet music for Peter Willsher
Piano — — 21st Century
Composed by Peter Willsher. 21st Century. 3 pages. Published by Peter Willsher (S0.6964).
Organ,SATB — Score — Contemporary Classical,General Worship,St. Patrick's Day,Mother's Day,Graduation
Composed by Peter Willsher. Contemporary Classical, General Worship, St. Patrick's Day, Mother's Day, Graduation. Score. 4 pages. Published by Peter Willsher (S0.108679).
Choir, Piano — Octavo — Classical, Contemporary
Composed by Peter Willsher. BH Secular Choral. Classical, Contemporary. Octavo. 12 pages. Boosey & Hawkes #M051401789. Published by Boosey & Hawkes (HL.48003136).
Choir, Piano — Octavo — Classical, Contemporary
Composed by Peter Willsher. BH Secular Choral. Classical, Contemporary. Octavo. 12 pages. Boosey & Hawkes #M051401543. Published by Boosey & Hawkes (HL.48003132).
Music of Peter Jarvis & Ron Mazurek — New Jersey Percussion Ensemble; Peter Jarvis; Carl Patrick Bolleia; Murray Colosimo; Max Stehr; Gary Buttery; Gary Van Dyke; Peter Jarvis; Justin Wolf; April McCloskey; Joe Bergen; Michael Sperone; Dominic Donato; Paul Carroll; Payton MacDonald; John Ferr
— CD (1 disc) — Classical
By New Jersey Percussion Ensemble; Peter Jarvis; Carl Patrick Bolleia; Murray Colosimo; Max Stehr; Gary Buttery; Gary Van Dyke; Peter Jarvis; Justin Wolf; April McCloskey; Joe Bergen; Michael Sperone; Dominic Donato; Paul Carroll; Payton MacDonald; John Ferr. By Peter Jarvis; Ron Mazurek. Country of Origin: United States. Classical. CD (1 disc). Published by Naxos (NX.COMCON0039).
— CD — Masterwork; Romantic
By Ilona Prunyi, Josef Bogacz, Maria Kliegel, Oxana Yablonskaya, Peter Nagy, Prunyi, Takako Nishizaki, Yablonskaya, and Joseph Banowetz. By Peter Ilyich Tchaikovsky (1840-1893). Arranged by Ilona Prunyi, Josef Bogacz, Maria Kliegel, Oxana Yablonskaya, performed by Joseph Banowetz, Peter Breiner, Peter Nagy, Prunyi, Takako Nishizaki, Yablonskaya, and Peter Ilyich Tchaikovsky. CD Recording; Masterworks. Naxos My First... Series. Masterwork; Romantic. CD. Alfred Music #99-8578214. Published by Alfred Music (AP.99-8578214).
recorder — edition with CD — Classical, English, Folk
62 Traditional Pieces for Descant (Soprano) Recorder. Composed by Peter Bowman. Edited by Peter Bowman. Arranged by Peter Bowman. This edition: Saddle stitching. Sheet music with CD. Schott World Music. Classical, English, Folk. Edition with CD. 44 pages. Schott Music #ED 13567. Published by Schott Music (HL.49044105).
— — Classical
By Peter Waldner. By Andrea Antico, Francesco Biancardi, Ruggero Trofeo, Giovanni Gabrieli (1553-1612), Antonio Valente (1581-), Andrea Gabrieli (1533-1585), Giovanni Paolo Cima (1570-1622), Peter Philips (1560-1628), Giovanni Picchi (1600-1625), Annibale Padovano, Girolamo Cavazzoni (1525-1577), and Marco Antonio Cavazzoni. Classical. Naxos #FB2003534. Published by Naxos (NX.FB2003534).
Piano/Vocal/Chords,Voice,Unison — Sheet Music Single — 21st Century,Contemporary Christian
Composed by Peter Westin. Arranged by Peter Westin. 21st Century, Contemporary Christian. Sheet Music Single. 2 pages. Published by Peter's Publishing House (S0.663149).
Classical Vocal, Piano — Softcover Book —
Songs 1923-1926 Medium Voice. Composed by Peter Warlock (1894-1930). Edited by Michael Pilkington. Vocal, Repertoire. New Peter Warlock Critical Edition Vol. 6. Softcover Book. 56 pages. Thames Publishing #TH978806. Published by Thames Publishing (HU.TH978806).
- Sonata in 3 movements for Piano 1967
- Poem for piano 1968
- Ballade for piano 1968
- Variations On A Theme for piano 1968 ("dedicated to my brother ‘cos he let me drive his car")
- Miniature for piano 1968
- Rhapsody for piano 1969
- Impromptu for piano 1970
- Fantasia for Piano 1970
- Jig for violin and piano 1970
- A New Life - Written to celebrate the birth of my first nephew Robin Willsher, circa 1972, but only recently published by Willsher Music
- Wedding for piano 1985
- Wedding Fantasia 1990 (Commission)
- Christmas Gift for piano. A piece for my family on Christmas morning 2000 - Published by Willsher Music
- Sadness for piano 2002 Published by Willsher Music
- Lay your Sleepy Head unaccompanied for female voices 1975 - Composed for the choir of West Heath School.
- Everyone Suddenly Burst Out Singing for female voices and piano acc. 1975 - Published by Josef Weinberger. SATB version published by Boosey & Hawkes. Composed for the memorial concert od Pat Scanlon at West Heath School.
- In The Bleak Mid-Winter Two versions SSA & SATB both with piano acc. 1977 - Words C. Rossetti. Composed for the Madrigal Choir choir of West Heath School
- Now That Spring Has Come SATB with piano acc. 1977 Words Trad - Composed for the Southborough Choral Society
- Voices Words Tilda Swinton. SSA with piano acc. 1978 - Composed for the Madrigal Choir of West Heath School
- Stabat Mater SSAA with piano acc. 1978 - Composed for the Madrigal Choir of West Heath School
- Child Of The Maid Words John Oxenham. Christmas cantata for female voices - with piano acc. 1979. Composed for the Madrigal Choir of West Heath School.
- Five Songs of Love words by Rupert Brooke SSAA choir and soloists, strings and/or piano acc. - Composed for the Madrigal Choir of West Heath School
- Two Pieces for School Orchestra 1986 Composed for the School Orchestra of Streatham and Clapham High School.
- Helen Keller Symphony for full orchestra 1998 Composed for the Parkdale United Church Orchestra. Published by Willsher Music
- Americas Suite for full orchestra. 2000 Commissioned by the Parkdale United Church Orchestra. Published by Willsher music
- Roots and Wings 2001 Written for Sinfonia Musica - Published by Willsher Music
- Intermezzo for viola and strings 2002 Commissioned by Kevin James. Published by Willsher Music
In addition to the above are many compositions currently in electronic format. In between committing these listed pieces to manuscript, and or print, there have been many experiments with electronic music, some for commercial use, and some purely for the entertainment or to further the experience of the composer.
Freelance composer, conductor, Peter Willsher had led an active musical life in England before emigrating to Canada in 1988. In England he had been the director of music at several schools noted for their choral and orchestral programs, including sung performances in Westminster Abbey, and the Goldsmith, Queen Elizabeth and Royal Albert Halls.
Under his direction students (several of whom later became professional musicians) attained a high standard of musical performance. A scholarship student, both at the West Kent College of Further Education (a college for the creative arts in Tunbridge Wells, Kent) and at the Trinity College of Music.
He received a licentiate in Clarinet (L.T.C.L.), and a graduate diploma (G.T.C.L. Music Education), majoring in piano, from the Trinity College of Music. From 1966 to the present he has conducted much of the standard repertoire, both orchestral and choral. He received training as a conductor at the International Conductor’s Course (Siena, Italy) directed by Maestro Franco Ferrara, and at the Trinity College of Music, under Bernard Keeffe, and attended scores of rehearsals in London, and Glyndebourne.
His musical activities are many and varied. He was Principal Clarinet in the East Sussex Youth Orchestra, was a member of three brass bands (Tuba), the Tunbridge Wells Symphony Rehearsal Orchestra, and has played percussion in several orchestral concerts, and drums in several "pop" groups. He also played saxophone in several musical productions, and formed a successful college band in which he played the string bass.
While at Trinity College he was the Orchestral Manager of the Young Musician’s Symphony Orchestra. As well as being a member of a church choir for ten years (as a boy soprano, alto, and bass), he has sung in several choral societies, including the Trinity College Choir, and the Alexandra Choir, both directed by Charles Proctor.
As a professional conductor, he has directed several choirs and orchestras in Ontario and Quebec: the Cornwall Centennial Choir; the Brockville Community Choir; the Cantabile Chorale and Orchestra in Montreal (formerly The Knight Singers); the Parkdale United Church Orchestra; He has also participated as Musical Director or Choral Director for several theatrical productions (including the Upper Canada Playhouse production of "Bingo Night" in Morrisburg (1991), and the Glen Theatre Production of "The Man of La Mancha" in Cornwall (1990)). More recently, he wrote the music for a production of "The Miracle Worker". Which he subsequently orchestrated as "The Helen Keller Symphony (1998)".
He is a prolific composer who writes in a variety of styles. For the students at West Heath School he wrote several cantatas, piano pieces and a song cycle for piano and string accompaniment. He set the Siegfried Sassoon poem "Everyone Suddenly Burst Out Singing" to music, which is currently published by Boosey and Hawkes. Recently his creative activities have been commissions for full orchestra, the "Helen Keller Symphony", "America’s Suite", and for chamber orchestra, "Roots and Wings". For the piano, "New Life" and some festive choral works. He has written for television and radio, and has even been known to write popular ballads. He has just completed a piece for Viola and String Orchestra entitled Intermezzo, which will receive its world premier in July with Kevin James, a well known Ottawa violist. His next project will be a Missa Brevis for the Cantabile Chorale in Montreal, it will highlight the plight of underprivileged children.
Using the marvels of modern technology, all his new compositions are published by his own company, Willsher Music.