You are here
Warning: images may be copyrighted. If no copyright is shown, see their site of origin for details, or contact me.
Opera and lyrical music
Sheet music for Robin Orr
horn in F and piano — — Classical
For Horn in F and Piano. Composed by Robin Orr. This edition: Folding. Sheet music. Edition Schott. Classical. 10 pages. Schott Music #ED 10233. Published by Schott Music (HL.49013966).
Piano,Tenor Voice — Score — 21st Century,Romantic Period,Contemporary Classical,Post-Romantic,Recital
Composed by Raja Orr. 21st Century, Romantic Period, Contemporary Classical, Post-Romantic, Recital. Score. 9 pages. Published by Raja Orr (S0.105513).
Brass Quintet — Book Only — Classical
Composed by Charles Wilfred Orr and Buxton Orr (1924-1997). Classical. Book Only. Novello & Co Ltd. #MUSNOV120372-01. Published by Novello & Co Ltd. (HL.14009036).
Choir,SATB — Score — Renaissance,Contemporary Classical,Christian
Composed by Aaron Orr. Renaissance, Contemporary Classical, Christian. Score. 7 pages. Published by Aaron Orr (S0.538273).
Clarinet,Cello — Score — 21st Century,Contemporary Classical,Children's Music
Composed by Aaron Orr. 21st Century, Contemporary Classical, Children's Music. Score. 3 pages. Published by Aaron Orr (S0.538747).
Piano Solo,Easy Piano,Clarinet,Violin,Cello — Score — 21st Century,Contemporary Classical
Composed by Aaron Orr. 21st Century, Contemporary Classical. Score. 6 pages. Published by Aaron Orr (S0.538753).
Guitar,Guitar Tab — Individual Part,Solo Part,Tablature — 21st Century,Etudes and Exercises,Wedding,World
Composed by Robin Hill. 21st Century, Etudes and Exercises, Wedding, World. Individual Part, Solo Part, Tablature. 7 pages. Robin Hill #003. Published by Robin Hill (S0.25000).
— — Classical
By Jean-Baptiste Robin. By Jean-Baptiste Robin, Frederic Chopin (1810-1849), Peter Ilyich Tchaikovsky (1840-1893), Jules Massenet (1842-1912), Claude Debussy (1862-1918), Maurice Ravel (1875-1937), Marcel Dupre (1886-1971), and Maurice Durufle (1902-1986). Classical. Brilliant Classics #BRI96134. Published by Brilliant Classics (NX.BRI96134).
Guitar,Guitar Tab — Score — Contemporary Classical
Composed by Robin Thomson. Arranged by Robin Thomson. Contemporary Classical. Score. 7 pages. Published by Robin Thomson (S0.675777).
SMA choir, a cappella — choir part — Secular, 20th Century
Composed by Marie-Therese Robin, Marie-Therese Robin, Etienne Daniel. Secular, 20th Century. Choir part. 2 pages. Published by Editions a Coeur Joie (CJ.A111300972).
- Operas: Full Circle (1968), chamber opera, libretto by Sidney Goosir Smith; Hermiston (1975) after R L Stevenson’s ‘Weir of Hermiston’; On the Razzle (1988) after Tom Stoppard.
- Incidental Music: A Winter’s Tale (Shakespeare) (1947); Oedipus at Colonus (Sophocles) (1950); Deirdre of the Sorrows (Synge), 1951.
- Orchestral: Overture ‘The Prospect of Whitby’ (1948); Italian Overture (1952); Rhapsody for strings (1956); Symphony in One Movement (1963); Symphony No.2 (1970-71); Symphony No.3 (1977-8); Sinfonietta Helvetica (1990–1).
- Chamber Music (selected list only): Cello Sonatina (1938); Violin Sonatina (1941); Viola Sonata (1947); Duo for violin and cello (1953); Sonata for violin and piano or harpsichord (1956); Violin Sonatina [no.2] (1960).
- Many short vocal and choral works; editions of Scottish songs.
Orr studied at the RCM, London and Pembroke College Cambridge, then with Casella in Siena and (after some years teaching in Somerset and at leeds University) with Nadia Boulanger in Paris. He returned to Cambridge in 1938 as organist at St John’s College. He served in the RAF during the war, then lectured at Cambridge and taught at the RCM 1950–56. Orr was Professor of Music at the Glasgow University from 1956–65 and Professor at Cambridge from 1965–76. After that he was Emeritus Professor. Robin Orr was chairman of the Scottish Opera since 1962.