You are here
Sheet music for Vladislav Shoot
-1999. Composed by Vladislav Shoot. Modern. Sheet Music. Composed 1999. Duration 00:10:00. Belaieff Verlag #BEL657. Published by Belaieff Verlag (PE.BEL657).
Composed by Vladislav Shoot. Sheet Music. Belaieff Verlag #BEL554. Published by Belaieff Verlag (PE.BEL554).
Composed by Vladislav Shoot. Modern. Sheet Music. Belaieff Verlag #BEL561. Published by Belaieff Verlag (PE.BEL561).
Bassoon & Piano
Composed by Vladislav Shoot. Score & Part. 28 pages. Belaieff Verlag #BEL717-20. Published by Belaieff Verlag (PE.BEL717-20).
Alto saxophone and piano
Composed by Vladislav Shoot. Score & Part. 28 pages. Belaieff Verlag #BEL717-10. Published by Belaieff Verlag (PE.BEL717-10).
String Quartets 2 violins, viola, cello
Composed by Vladislav Shoot. Modern. Score and parts. Duration 00:13:00. Belaieff Verlag #BEL567. Published by Belaieff Verlag (PE.BEL567).
- Sinfonia da Camera No. 3, flute, oboe, 2 ensembles (percussion, strings), 1978
- Romantic Messages, flute, bassoon, prepared piano, string orchestra, 1979
- Largo Sinfonia, organ, small orchestra (15 players), 1981
- Warum?, small orchestra (15 players), 1986
- Ex Animo, large orchestra, 1988
- Sinfonia da Camera No. 4, tam-tam, strings, 1992
- Sinfonia da Camera No. 5, small orchestra (16 players), 1992
- Serenade, string orchestra, 1995
- Divertimento, recorder, vibraphone, string orchestra, 1997
- High-Cross Symphony, large orchestra, 1998
- Sonata-fantasia, violin, piano, 1969, revised 2001
- Cuckoo’s Rhymes (20 Miniatures for Children), violin, piano, 1969, revised 1999
- Sonata, cello, 1970, revised 1999
- Youth Album, violin, piano, 1971, revised 1999
- Sinfonia da Camera No. 1, 4 celli, double bass, timpani, 1973
- Sinfonia da Camera No. 2, flute, oboe, clarinet, saxophone, bassoon, viola, cello, double bass, 1975
- Five Easy Pieces, French horn, piano, 1976, revised 2001
- Sonata Breve, flute, 1977
- Trio, bassoon, cello, percussion, 1978
- Solo per Fagotto, bassoon, 1978
- Metamorphosis, saxophone, harp, double bass, percussion, 1979
- Trio, 2 clarinets, bass clarinet, 1982
- Parable, 6 percussion, 1983
- Espressivo, flute, oboe, violin, cello, piano, 1984
- Epitaph, French horn, 2 trumpets, trombone, tuba, 1984
- Mini-partita, viola, piano, 1987
- Four Versions, bassoon, string quartet, 1990 (also arranged for bassoon, violin, viola, cello, 1996)
- Offering, violin, cello, piano, 1991
- Serenade, string quartet, 1994
- Pantomime, flute, harpsichord, 1995
- Con Passione, string quartet, piano, 1995
- Amoroso, clarinet, string quartet, 1996
- Chaconne, accordion, 1999
- She Came and Went (text by J.R. Lowell), mixed chorus, 2001
- Six Poems by S. Gorodetzky, high voice, piano, 1970
- Gleam of Light (text by Boris Pasternak), middle voice, piano,
- Vorgefühl (text by Rainer Maria Rilke), high voice, 2 clarinets, viola, cello, double bass, 1993
- Four Songs on Words by P.B. Shelley, soprano, string quartet,
- Three Songs on Words by O. Mandelstam, high voice, flute, clarinet, string quartet, 1994
- Day and Night (text by Feodor Tyutchev), high voice, recorder, string quartet, 2000
- The Miller’s Daughter (text from an English folk ballad), soprano, clarinet, percussion, 2001
- Silhouettes, 1973
- Children’s Album, 1975, revised 1995
- Confession, 1993, revised 2000
Vladislav Shoot studied composition at the Gnesin Institute of Music in Moscow, graduating in 1967. From 1967-82, he worked as the music editor of Sovetsky Kompositor publishers. In 1982, he turned to freelance composing, earning his living by writing film scores. In the early 1990s, he was invited to come to Dartington Hall in the UK as a composer-in-residence, where he later chose to make his home. Shoot is one of the co-founders of the Association for Contemporary Music.
His music has been performed at numerous festivals throughout Europe, as well as in South Korea and the USA. The music written in the UK has been performed by leading British ensembles and orchestras, including the BBC Symphony Orchestra, the Philharmonia Orchestra, and Sinfonia 21.
M.P. Belaieff/Edition Peters publishes his music.