You are here
Opera and lyrical music
Sheet music for R. Murray Schafer
Flute - Early Advanced (Level 7)
Composed by The Royal Conservatory Music Development Program. This edition: 2010 edition. Overtones: A Comprehensive Flute Series. Book, piano accompaniment, CD. 76/32 pages. Published by The Frederick Harris Music Company (FH.FLR07U).
Recorded live. By Mario Falcao, harp. Release date: 2015. Mark Records. Listening CD. Published by Mark Custom Music (MK.50932-MCD).
By Tremblay; Annie Brady; Tim; Poulin; Brigitte. By R. Murray Schafer. Listening CD/DVD, 2 discs. Published by Centredisc (NX.CMCCD-12006).
By Mary Lou Fallis; Susan Gudgeon; Jean MacPhail; Trulie MacLeod; Gilles Savard; New Music Concerts Ensemble; Robert Aitken. By R. Murray Schafer. Classical. Listening CD. Published by Centredisc (NX.CMCCD-22516).
By Schafer; Cumberland; Dewirst; Humphreys; Laughton; Prudhom; Waterman. By R. Murray Schafer. 2 listening CDs. Published by Centredisc (NX.CMCCD-8902).
By Quatuor Molinari. By R. Murray Schafer. Listening CD. Published by ATMA Classique (NX.ACD2-2201).
- Canzoni for Prisoners — for orchestra
- Statement in Blue — for orchestra
- Son of Heldenleben — for orchestra
- No Longer than Ten Minutes — for orchestra
- In Memoriam: Alberto Guerrero — for string orchestra
- Concerto — or harpsichord and eight wind instruments
- Threnody — for choir and orchestra
- Arcana — for cello and orchestra
- Four songs — for mezzosopran and choir
- Kaleidoscope — for 12´ multi-track tape
- String quartet
- Sonatina — for flute and Harpsichord (or piano)
- Lots of music for voice and chorus
Schafer must be considered one of Canada’s most successful composers.
One of the few with an international reputation alongside Harry Somers, Healey Willan and John Weinzweig. Schafer studied at the Royal Cons. in Toronto under alberto Guerrero and John Weinzweig. From 1956 till
1961 he lived in England and Europe working as a freelance journalist
and BBC interviewer. On his return to Canada in 1961 he founded, and became the first president of, Ten Centuries Concerts, a Toronto musicians´ collaborative organization, promoting new and rarely
heard older music. From 1963 till 1965 he was artist-in-residence at Memorial University in Newfoundland. He got the annual medal of the Canadian Music Council in 1972. Today Schafer is freelancing as a teacher and composer.