You are here
Francisco António de Almeida
|Francisco António||de Almeida|
Opera and lyrical music
Sheet music for Francisco Antonio de Almeida
Orchestra - Digital Download
Composed by Francisco Antonio de Almeida. Edited by Stephen Begley. This edition: softcover. Bisel Classics. Orchestral score. With Text Language: English / German. 32 pages. Published by Bisel Classics - Digital (BQ.979-0-50179-034-0).
Composed by Francisco Antonio de Almeida. Edited by Stephen Begley. This edition: softcover. Bisel Classics. Orchestral score. With Text Language: English / German. Published by Bisel Classics (BI.979-0-50179-034-0).
By Ana Quintans; Ana; Carlos Mena; Joana Seara; Fernando Guimaraes; Catia Moreso; Joao Fernandes; Voces Caelestes; Os Musicos do Tejo; Marcos Magalhaes. By Francisco Antonio De Almeida. Classical. 2 CDs. Published by Naxos (NX.8573380-81).
By Ana Quintans, Luis Rodrigues, Catia Moreso, Fernando Guimaraes, Mario Alves, Os Musicos Do Tejo, Marcos Magalhaes. By De Almeida Francisco Antonio. Naxos Opera. 3 listening CDs. Published by Naxos (NX.8660319-21).
- Il pentimento di Davidde (componimento sacro), 1722
- La Giuditta (oratorio), 1726
- Il trionfo della virtù (componimento poetico), 1728
- Il trionfo d’amore (scherzo pastorale), 1729
- Gl’incanti d’Alcina (dramma per musica da cantarsi), 1730
- La pazienza di Socrate (comic opera), 1733
- La Spinalba, ovvero Il vecchio matto (dramma comico), 1739
- L’Ippolito (serenata), 1752
From 1722 to 1726 he was a royal scholar in Rome. In 1724, Pier Leone Ghezzi drew his caricature, describing him as “a young but excellent composer of concertos and church music who sang with extreme taste”. He returned to Portugal in 1726, where he became organist of the Royal and Patriarchal Chapel. He probably died in the Lisbon earthquake of 1755.