You are here
Nuno Guedes de Campos
|Nuno Guedes de||Campos|
Find Sheet Music
Use the search form below to tind sheet music for "Nuno Guedes de Campos" that is available on Sheet Music Plus.
You support this website by buying sheet music there.
- Ataques Origem (1994) – electroacoustic
- Mutações (1995) – electroacoustic
- Ecléctico 1 (1997) – part of 7 estudos eclécticos for guitar solo – in progress
- Introdution for guitare solo (1997)
- Sim for guitar solo (1997)
- Clair – Obscur for guitar solo (2002)
- One Intro for marimba – 1ª miniature (2004)
- Ilustração for guitar solo (2009) – commissioned by the radio station “Antena 2” for the Young Musicians Prize 2009 – AvA Musical Editions
Duos, Trios e Quartets
- Clarinetes Quartet (1995)
- Diálogo (1996) – guitar duo
- Ária Canção (1998) – piano and voice
- Longitude (1997/2001) – guitar trio
- Hommage en Duo (2001) – guitar duo
- Aurora 5 (2002) – piano and guitar (Fruscella/Debs)
- Mãos de Criança (2002/03) – Trio
- Canção para Arcos (2007) – Trio
- Pumpudumpá (2006) – Quartet
- Ilhas (1997) – 18 musicians
- Coral (2000) – Decatet
- Ecos (1998 / 2000) – wind quintet
- Pumpudumpá (2001) – Decateto
- Chaînes (2002) – Decateto
- Percepções De Um Dia... (2004) – Jazz Septet (Commissioned by São Luiz Theater)
Jazz Orchestra / Big Band
- Pumpudumpá (2002) Orquestra de Jazz
- Arc in Chain for Jazz Orchestra (2009) – in progress
- Improviso Sobre a Incerteza (2003/04) – (Commissioned by OrchestUtopica)
- Elementos for orchestra (2008)
- Quatro Episódios de Um Dia – Episódio I – A Madrugada (2008) – Orchestra of Algarve
- Divagation Sur Une Image pour guitare et petit orchestre (2008–09) – in progress
- il sospiro del domani per orchestra (2009) – Commissioned by Orchestra Filarmonica di Torino (OFT)
- Diversione Corale per orchestra (2010) – Tribute to Sergei Prokofiev – Commissioned by Orchestra Filarmonica di Torino (OFT)
Composer and Guitarist, Nuno Guedes de Campos was born in Lisbon (Portugal) in 1971, and moved with his family to Brazil in 1975, where he returned in 1991.
In 1985, in Rio de Janeiro, he began studying music at the Brazilian Music School, continued in Brasilia in 1987, at the Academy Franz Schubert and at Brasilia Music School. During his stay in Brazil he studied classical guitar and Brazilian Popular Music (MPB) with professors Cézar Villarinho, Paulo André Tavares and Eustaquio Grilo, besides the renowned guitarist Lula Galvão. In Brasilia, he formed a guitar duo with Marcel Carvalho, who has performed in many room concerts, particularly at the Brasilia Masonic Grand Lodge, at the Brasilia Music School and at the UnB (University of Brasilia). In addition, he participated in several music grups during his musical career in Brazil through various styles such as rock, funk, Brazilian Music and flamenco.
He graduated in Composition at the Lisbon High School of Music (ESML) since 1996 and, in the years 1999 to 2002, he integrated course of training in composition, arrangement and orchestration at the Institut de Formation Internationale Musique et Multimedia — Center d’Informations Musicales (INFIM-CIM), in Paris, having obtained the diploma of Arrangement et Orchestration and having had Denis Bioteau and Frédéric Favarel as head teachers. In 2008, completes the degree having Luis Tinoco as teacher.
As a guitarist he joined the musical band "Soul Music", making multiple presentations in Lisbon and across the country. In 1998, he accompanied the pianist Bernardo Sassetti at Rivoli Theater in Porto and in Lisbon at Culturgest. In 2001, already in Paris, formed a guitar duo with Pierre Perchaud.
In 2004, he was invited by the composer and conductor Fabrizio Festa to sit as a jury of the 10th edition of the "Concorso Internazionale di Composizione 2 Agosto" in Bologna (Italy).
His compositions have been presented in several countries (Portugal, France, England, Croatia, Italy, Lebanon and South Africa), held at the Conservatoire National Supérieur de Musique (CNSM) Paris, Endler Room in Stellenbosch (Western Cape, South Africa South), Teatro Communale di Campobasso (Italy), Culturgest (Portugal), Sao Luiz Theatre (Portugal), among others, have been interpreted by musiacal groups and musicians as, Orchestra Filarmonica di Torino, OrchestrUtopica, Algarve Orchestra, LONGVIC Jazz Big Band, Elizabeth Davis, Pedro Rodrigues, Duo Fruscella/Debs, Darko Petrinjak, Régine Campagnac, among others.
He has oriented several workshops related to the composition and guitar, on topics such as harmony and jazz improvisation.