You are here
Find Sheet Music
Use the search form below to tind sheet music for "Gheorghi Arnaoudov" that is available on Sheet Music Plus.
You support this website by buying sheet music there.
- Symphony no. 1 (1984)
- Concerto for orchestra (1986)
- Concerto Grosso for strings (1987)
- Chamber Concerto
- "Laudes" for orchestra (1996)
- "The colour of the light" for orchestra (1997)
- Offertorium I, ballet performance (1981)
- "Offertorium II" ballet performance, (1991)
- "Les Aveugles", multimedia performance based on a play by Maurice Maeterlinck (1992)
- "Transpatium", Ballet (1996)
- Choreordained ballet in two acts (1996)
- Paysages Sonores for piano (1983)
- String quartet no. 2 (1988)
- Ritual I for piano (1988)
- FOOTNOTE (...und Isolde/ns Winkfall lassen) for voice and chamber orchestra based on the poem "A Prayer" by James Joyce (1991)
- Summe Deus for soprano, chamber orchestra (1991)
- The Circle of Rites on old Sanscritic texts for soprano and chamber ensemble (1991)
- Ritual III (Borges fragment) for cello solo (1993)
- Incarnation in the Light (Ritual II) for piano solo (1993)
- Un pan de ciel au milieu du silence for piano, after paintings by René Magrite (1993)
- The Way of the Birds for soprano, flute and violin (1995)
- Le Temple du Silence for two pianos (1996)
- Katawassi for mezzo-soprano and string quartet (1996)
- Cantus for tenor recorder, percussion and cello (1997)
- Et iterum venturus for piano solo (1997)
- A husky fifenote blew for piano solo (1998)
Principal Publisher: Musica Publishing House, Sofia; Tonos Musikverlags, Darmstadt
- GD-170 GEGA-NEW
Contemporary Bulgarian Piano Music
Alexander Kandov - Las maripochs notturnas
Georgi Arnaoudov - Ritual I
Georgi Arnaoudov - Incarnation dans la Lumiere (Ritual II)
Mihail Goleminov - Klavierstueck II
Bojidar Spassov - Wasserfalle
Boyan Vodenicharov - Prelude II
BOYAN VODENICHAROV - piano
Gega-New (Sofia 1995)
- CCD-42032 - Concord Concerto
Gheorghi Arnaoudov "The Empire of Lights"
Incarnation in the Light
Un pan de ciel au milieu du silence
Concord Concerto, Concord CA, USA; (California 1996)
- GD-187 Gega-New
Georgi Arnaoudov Compositions
The Circle of the Rites
Incarnation dans la Lumiere (Ritual II)
Borges Fragment (Ritual III)
Chamber Orchestra "Musica Nova" Emilia Maximova-soprano, Conductor Plamen Djourov,
Gega-New (Sofia 1998)
Georgi Arnaoudov graduated at the State Academy of Music "Pantcho Vladigerov" in the composition class of Prof. A. Tanev and in B. Spassov’s special class of contemporary music. At the same time he attended summer courses directed by B. Ferneyhough (Great Britain) and A. Mayr (Italy) in the Academy of Fine Arts in Florence, Italy, as well as the International composers workshops with Ton de Leeuw (Holland). His artistic career started in the beginning of the eighties. At the same time he did research work in the field of musical theory, concrete and electroacoustic music as well as research in the field of ancient and Far-Eastern music. He is author of scientific and theoretical articles in music, as well as of publicist and critical reviews in scientific and musical periodicals, mainly in the sphere of the contemporary arts, the aesthetics of modernism and postmodernism, communications in the music, musical semiotics and the theory of contemporary music. At present G. Arnaoudov teaches at the National School of Music and at the New Bulgarian University.
He was won a great many national and international awards and prizes like the "Grand Prix" of the European Broadcasting Union (1985), the "Golden Harp" prize, the Prize awarded by the International Federation of "Jeunesses Musicales" (1986), the Special prize of the Union of Bulgarian Composers (1986), and the International Prize of Music "Carl Maria von Weber" (1989).
As a composer with a large artistic activity Georgi Arnaoudov is author of a great many symphonic, chamber, vocal and choral works, a lot of compositions for piano, stage works, choreographic and theatrical music, sound installations. His music has been widely performed in Bulgaria as well as abroad - Germany, USA, France, Great Britain, Russia, Italy, Poland, Australia, at the International Composers Rostrum - UNESCO - Paris, at MIDEM Cannes, the Dresden Musical Festival, Wien Modern in Austria, St. Petersburg Sound Ways, Sonorities-Belfast, Musica Viva-Detroit, Musica Nova-Sofia, Apoloniaq Sofia Music Weeks, Varna Summer Festival, Two days & Nights of New Music-Odessa, Lutoslawski Festival-London, Mostly Modern-Dublin etc. His music is recorded on the labels Gega New (Bulgaria) and Concord (USA).
His antecedents can be found in Russian Scriabin, the French mystic/modernist Messiaen, the Franco-American Varèse and, more recently, in the work of the Pole Penderecki and Estonian Arvo Pärt. The influence of composers like Webern and Morton Feldman can perhaps also be felt in the lack of any kind of conventionalprocess or development. This is a music of stasis, a kind of intense minimalism that tells no conventional stories but rather meditates on an idea.