You are here
Find Sheet Music
Use the above search form to find sheet music for "Esteban Benzecry" that is available on Sheet Music Plus.
You support this website by buying sheet music there.
- First Symphony "El compendio de la vida" (1993)- First performance: Orquesta Sinfonica Nacional de Argentina,Buenos Aires Argentina 7 September 1994
- Second Symphony (1996)- First peformance: Filarmonica de Buenos Aires-Teatro Colon Argentina. 3 august 1998
- Third Symphony "Preludio para un nuevo milenio" (1999)- First performance: Orquesta Sinfonica Nacional de Argentina .3 september 1999
- "Inti Raymi" (La fiesta del Sol de los Incas) 2001- First performance: Orchestre Colonne de Paris, 26 march 2002 Salle Gaveau-Paris France
- "Colores de la cruz del sur" (2002) First performance: Orchestre National de France , 6 march 2003, commission by Radio France
Argentinian composer was born in Lisbon (Portugal) in 1970.
Esteban Benzecry graduated from the Buenos Aires’s Superior School of Fine Arts "Prilidiano Pueyrredon" in 1992. He studied musical composition with Sergio Hualpa and Haydee Gerardi in Argentina.
Mr. Benzecry lives in Paris since 1997 where he studied composition with Jacques Charpentier’s, Professor of the Conservatoire Superieur de Paris, where he obtained the "Premier Prix a l’unanimitè" in composition in 1999. He also studied composition with Paul Mefano, and Electro acoustic music with Luis Naon and Laurent Cuniot.
He’s the author of three symphonies (his first symphony, “El compendio de la vida” from 1993 is inspired on four of his own canvases) as well as symphonic and chamber works. His most recent works attempt a fusion between rhythms with Latin American roots and the diverse aesthetic currents of European contemporary music creating, thus, a personal language, an imaginary folklore. “Le Monde de la Musique” has called him a distant heir to Villa Lobos and Ginastera because of his imaginative use of the Latin American musical patrimony.
His works have been played in Europe and America. Among the interpreters that have performed his works are: L’Orchestre National de France, Orchestre National de Montpellier, Orchestre Colonne, Orchestre Pasdeloup, Orchestre Symphonique de Cannes-Côte d’Azur, Sinfonietta de Paris, Orchestre de la Basse Normandie, Orchestre Universitaire de Strasbourg, l’ensemble l’Itinéraire, l’Octuor des violoncelles de Beauvais, Grup Instrumental de Valencia, Ensamble LIM, Orquesta Sinfonica Nacional de Argentina, Orquesta Filarmonica del Teatro Colon de Buenos Aires, Orquesta Sinfonica Simon Bolivar de Venezuela, Orquesta Filarmonica Nacional de Venezuela, Orquesta Filarmonica de Bogota, Orquesta Sinfonica Nacional de Lima, Carnegie Mellon Contemporary Ensemble of Pittsburgh (USA), Orchestre Symphonique de Klaïpeda (Lituanie), Orquesta Sinfonica Carlos Chavez (Mexique) la Camerata Lysy - Gstaad, la Camerata Basel la Camerata Bariloche (Argentine), “London’s Schubert Chamber Orchestra”, Filarmonica de Stat Targu Mures (Romania), Solaris String Quartet, Gustavo Dudamel, Laurent Petitgirard, Alain Altinoglun, Daniel Kawka, Wolfgang Doerner, Mark Foster, Alain Pâris, Nemanja Radulovic, Alberto Lysy, Sol Gabetta, Horacio Lavandera, Jesus Castro Balbi, among others.
His works have been performed and at the Salle Pleyel, Salle GAVEAU, Théâtre Mogador, Maison de Radio France, Palais de l’Unesco de Paris, Palais des Festivals a Cannes, Opéra de Montpellier, Teatro Colon de Buenos Aires, Auditorio Nacional de Madrid, Festival Rencontres d’ensembles de violoncelles de Beauvais, Concours International d’harpe Lily Laskine, Juilliard School of New York (Lincoln Center), Boston Conservatory, Festival Présences, Festival Pontino d’Italie, Festivals de Brighton et Dartington (UK), Festival Estoril de Portugal, Festival Ensems de Valencia, Festival de Morelia (Mexico), Festival Latinoamericano de Musica de Caracas, Festival Iberoamericano de Puerto Rico, Museo Guggenheim de Bilbao Festival BBK, Van Cliburn Foundation of Fort Worth.
- In 1992 he was distinguished as "The young revelation of the Season", by the Musical Critics Association of Argentina.
- In 1994 the same Association awarded him "The best argentine work premiered in the 1994 Season” distinction for his Symphony n°1 "El compendio de la vida", and in 2006 for “La Lumiere de Pacha Camac”.
- In 1999 he was distinguished by the Academie des Beaux-Arts de l’Institut de France with the prize from the Foundation Delmas and the prize Tronchet in 2002. and Georges Wildenstein in 2006.
- In 2004, he became the recipient of the Fondation groupe d’entreprise Banque Populaire-Natexis Award for music .
- Resident Composer at the Casa de Velazquez of Madrid 2004-2006 ( Academie de France a Madrid)
- He’s been a fellow of the "Interamerican Music Friens of Washington "(USA) , "Mozarteum Argentino" and Academie des Beaux-Arts de l’Institut de France.
- In 1995 he was invited as Resident Composer at the Yehudi Menuhin Academy (Switzerland).