You are here
Alberto C. Bernal
Sheet music for Alberto C. Bernal
Easy Guitar - Digital Download
Classical. Easy Guitar. 3 pages. Published by Hal Leonard - Digital Sheet Music (HX.335326).
Easy Guitar - Digital Download
Classical. Easy Guitar. 5 pages. Published by Hal Leonard - Digital Sheet Music (HX.335325).
Piano Unaccompanied Piano
The Largest and Most Comprehensive Collection of Standard Piano Compositions Ever Published, Covering Completely All Fields of Classic, Modern, Light and Operatic Piano Music. Edited by Albert E. Weir. A timeless classic in the Carl Fischer Piano Catalog, Masterpieces of Piano Music is one of the largest and most comprehensive collections of standard piano compositions ever published. Classical. Collection. With fingerings. 528 pages. Carl Fischer #O003619. Published by Carl Fischer (CF.O3619).
Piano/Vocal/Guitar - Difficulty: medium
Composed by Various. Piano/Vocal/Guitar Songbook. Latin. Songbook (softcover). With vocal melody, piano accompaniment, lyrics, chord names and guitar chord diagrams. 248 pages. Published by Hal Leonard (HL.310355).
Piano - Early Advanced; Intermediate; Late Intermediate
Intermediate to Early Advanced Works by 37 Composers. Edited by Maurice Hinson. Masterworks; Piano Collection. Alfred Masterwork Edition. 20th Century; Masterwork. Book. 208 pages. Alfred Music #00-21442. Published by Alfred Music (AP.21442).
Marching Band - Grade 4
Composed by Alberto Dominguez. Arranged by Michael Brown. Performance/Easy Limited Edition. Latin. Full Score and Parts. Published by Hal Leonard (HL.3744646).
Work catalogue since 2001
- Cromlech for flute, violoncello, piano and live-electronic 15 min
- Etude for violoncello 5 min
- Stück(e) for two saxophones and double bass 5 min
- 3x3=10, for ensemble ob cl fg trp hr trb vl vla vcl perc 10 min
- 4 Prinzipien for amplified accordeon. 12 min
- 27 Szenen für 4 Zuschauer for altrecorder, altsax, guitar, accordeon and live-electronic 15 min
- Jetzt, for Orchestra pícc 2 2 eh 2 bcl 2 cfg / 4 3 3 1 / 3 perc / 12 12 10 8 6 5 sec
- ¬(¬), for 7 instruments and 7 loudspeakers cl fg tr pos vib vl cb / live-electronic 13 min
- ’s, stage piece for an woodwind instrument and live-electronic 18 min
- ezz, for french horn and piano 9 min
- Sotto, for 15 instruments fl ob cl asax fg trp trb vl vla vcl cb / 4 perc 4 min
- Act, theater piece for 1 actress or narrator, percussion, e-guitar, bass-clarinet and beamer projection 20 min
- Endphasen, work/Improvisation in progress. Performance by the composers Johannes Kreidler, Joao Pais und Alberto C. Bernal variable duration
- New piece, for orchestra picc 2 2 eh 2 bcl 2 cfg / 4 3 3 1 / 3 perc / 14 14 12 12 9
Born in Madrid in 1978. He studied piano (Patrín García-Barredo), musical theory (Omar Abad) and composition (Alejandro Yagüe) in Madrid and Salamanca, at the same time receiving lessons and attending courses with other teachers like Salvatore Sciarrino, Isabel Mundry, Brian Ferneyhough, etc.
Besides his "classical" studies, he is deeply interested in another kind of musical traditions and approaches. This conducts him to the world of jazz, free improvisation and other musical practices that transcend the notational praxis. He performs regularly in several improvisation projects; since 2003 works with togheter with the composers Johannes Kreidler and Joao Pais in the project "Endphasen", a "performance-improvisation in progress" for traditional instruments and live-electronics, whose three first "stations" toke place in Freiburg, in Hungary (Bartók festival) and in Darmstadt. He also studies philosophy at the spanish distance university.
He is laureate of the Alexander von Humboldt Foundation, La Caixa-DAAD Foundation, Castilla y León Government, Artists Patronage Plan of the City of Darmstadt and of the Spanish Ministry of Culture. He was awarded in the piano competition J. Guerrero (Toledo, 1995), in the composition prize Klangraum-Raumklang (Darmstadt, 2002), by the Madrid Government in the Young Artists and Composers Prize (2001) and in the International New Music Festival of Darmstadt (2002).
His works are regularly performed in International New Music Festivals -Darmstadt (Germany), Ultima (Oslo) or Bartok Festival (Hungary), in the Modern Art Museum of Freiburg or in the vorEcho cycle. They denote a growing interest in the extension of the area of musical expression towards other artistic and humanistic matters (theatre, plastic arts, language theory, politics). This manifests so much in the eventual use of new technical means, as in the exploration of new aesthetical, politic and psychoperceptive aspects and connotations of the musical discourse, issues that are also theoretically exposed in regular lectures (Freiburg’s Modern Art Museum, Darmstadt’s International Courses, Madrid’s "Residencia de Estudiantes", etc.) and in several writings and translations.
Presently he extends his compositional education with the professor Mathias Spahlinger - also with Orm Finnendahl and Mesías Maiguashca in electronic music - at the Freiburg’s University of Music and he holds parallely the position of Tutor for acoustics and electronic music at the Studio of the same university.