Sie sind hier
Sheet music for Max Lifchitz
By Max Lifchitz. By Bell; Levin; Worthington; Ziff. Listening CD. Published by Naxos (NX.N-S-R-1049).
By Max Lifchitz. By David Maves. Listening CD. Published by Naxos (NX.N-S-R-1008).
By Max Lifchitz. By Bell; Quilling; Pleskow; Rovi. Listening CD. Published by Naxos (NX.N-S-R-1007).
By Max Lifchitz. By Castro; Chavez; Enriquez; Gali. Listening CD. Published by Naxos (NX.N-S-R-1010).
By Max Lifchitz. By Alburger; Bloomer Deussen; Et al. Listening CD. Published by Naxos (NX.N-S-R-1026).
By Max Lifchitz. By Cotton; Lipper; Tann; Et al. Listening CD. Published by Naxos (NX.N-S-R-1043).
- Piano Concerto
- lntervención (for violin and orch.)
- Night Voices No. 13 (for cello and orchestra)
- Yellow Ribbons Nos. 8, 9, 17, 18, 37 & 40
- Yellow Ribbons Nos. 11, 12 & 41 (wind ensemble)
- Exceptional String Quartet (four double basses)
- I Got Up (trombone, double bass, percussion, electronics)
- Night Voices No. 8 (marimba and chamber ensemble)
- Night Voices No. 10 (violin and chamber ensemble)
- Winter Counterpoint (flute, oboe, bassoon, viola, piano)
- Yellow Ribbons No. 2 (violin, clarinet, and piano)
- Yellow Ribbons No. 5 (two clarinets and piano)
- Vignettes (wind quintet)
For Two Performers
- Duo (violin and cello)
- Mosaico Latinoamericano (flute and piano)
- Night Voices No. 1 (two clarinets, string quartet and piano)
- Night Voices No. 3 (oboe and piano)
- Rhythmic Soundscape (piano and percussion)
- Music for Percussion (five percussionists)
- Inner Pulse (solo percussion)
- Pulsations & Dos Danzas (four percussionists)
- Transformations No. 1 (cello)
- Transformations No. 2 (violin)
- Transformations No. 3 (marimba)
- Affinities (piano)
- Tientos (accordion)
- Yellow Ribbons No. 16 (double bass)
- Yellow Ribbons No. 39 (flute)
- Canto de Paz (soprano and ensemble)
- Villancios Rebeldes (Chorus)
- Latin American Christmas Songs (Chorus)
- Of Bondage and Freedom (sop, vln, pno)
Max Lifchitz is active as a composer, performer, arts administrator and educator.
A graduate of The Juilliard School and Harvard University, he was invited to join the faculty of the University at Albany, State University of New York in 1986. Previously, he held teaching appointments at the Manhattan School of Music and Columbia University.
In addition to teaching a variety of music courses and general education offerings, Lifchitz has served as Chair of both the University at Albany’s Music Department and the Latin American and Caribbean Studies Department, where he holds a joint appointment.
He received the University at Albany Award for Excellence in Research in 2005.
His creative endeavors have been supported by grants and fellowships from the ASCAP Foundation; the Ford Foundation; the John Simon Guggenheim Memorial Foundation; Meet the Composer, Inc.; The University of Michigan Society of Fellows; the CAPS Program of New York State; and the National Endowment for the Arts.
As a pianist, Lifchitz was awarded the first prize in the 1976 Gaudeamus Competition for Performers of Contemporary Music held in Holland. His concert appearances throughout Latin America have been underwritten by the Fund for US Artists at International Festivals. Recently, he appeared as conductor of the Houston-based Foundation for Modern Music Ensemble and as pianist in the Grand Canyon Music Festival (Arizona) and the Nuovi Spazi Musicali Festival (Rome, Italy).
Lifchitz is the founder and artistic director of North/South Consonance, Inc., a non-profit organization based in New York City devoted to the promotion and performance of music by composers from the Americas.
Active since 1980, the North/South Consonance Ensemble has received grants from, among others, the Aaron Copland Fund, the Yvar Mikhashoff Fund for New Music, the Virgil Thomson Foundation; the Mary Flagler Cary Charitable Trust, the JP Morgan Chase/Meet the Composer Fund, the New York City Department of Cultural Affairs, the New York State Council for the Arts and the National Endowment for the Arts. It has also received contributions from several corporations and numerous individual donors.
North/South Consonance Inc. sponsors an annual concert series in New York City featuring new chamber music from the Americas and has issued forty-two highly acclaimed compact discs on the North/South Recordings label.
Lifchitz is represented as composer, pianist and conductor on several CD and LP albums issued by the Classic Masters, CRI, Finnadar, New World, North/South, Opus One, Philips, RCA Victor and Vienna Modern Masters labels.