Add sounds and documents
Dear [simplenews-subscriber:user:field-real-name] ([simplenews-subscriber:user:name]),
Music samples and scores
I suspect that not many people already know that you can add sounds (like MP3 files) and documents (e.g. music scores) to Musicalics.com. This may be an interesting feature for you as composer or classical music enthusiast. Adding these files is possible on either a composition page (for directly files related to that composition) or on a composer page.
You need to be logged in to the site before you can add files; when logged in, go to the page where you want to add the file, and use the Edit tab.
In principle the possibilities are endless, but for legal reasons there are some limitations: you can only add files for which you own the rights, or for which you have permission to add them. For this reason, I urgently ask you to be careful about what files you add.
As a rule of thumb, files that you can safely add are generally:
- Music recordings of music that is in public domain, which you recorded yourself, with permission of both player(s) and recorder(s).
- Music that you copied from original sources which are now in public domain.
- Written documents or scores which are in public domain, which you published yourself, or for which you have permission by the creator and/or publisher.
- Written documents or scores that you copied from original sources which are now in public domain.
A list of the latest document and sound samples will be promoted on the homepage of Musicalics.com.
There are already many photos and images on the site, mainly on the composer and MusicAtlas pages. However, quite some composers or MusicAtlas places could do with more or more up to date images. It is also possible to add images to composition pages.
You need to be logged in to the site before you can add images.
Again, you should have permission to add the images that you want to upload.
- Images you created yourself, which are in public domain, or for which you have permission by the creator and/or publisher.
- Images that you copied from original sources which are now in public domain.
Adding concert announcements
Remember: you can add your concert announcements to the website. This is a free service for all members of Musicalics. You can read more about it in a previous newsletter.
Your Musicalics.com editor,